Chapter Thirty ~ Bitten

“Neville! Back down!” I yelled at him as I struggled to lower his wand arm.

“Neville Longbottom, is it, how are your parents?” The evil witch asked, an evil grin spread across her face, showing off her rotten teeth.

“Fine now they’re about to be avenged!” Neville yelled, struggling against Harry’s hold and mine.

“Let’s everybody just… calm down, shall we? All we want is that Prophecy.” Lucius said in a cold, calm voice.

“Why does Voldemort need me to get it?” Harry asked.

“Don’t you dare speak his name. You filthy Half-blood!” Bellatrix yelled, I put my arm in front of Harry slightly; this made her turn her eyes onto me. They narrowed even more, if that was even possible, in pure hatred.

“Now, Bellatrix, he’s just curious. Prophecies can only be retrieved by those about whom they are made, which is lucky for you, Harry. Haven’t you always wondered what was the reason for the connection between you and the Dark Lord? Why he was unable to kill you when you were just an infant? Don’t you want to know the secret of your scar? All the answers are there, Potter. All you have to do is give it to me. I can show you everything.” Lucius said, trying to tempt Harry into giving him the prophecy.

“I’ve waited fourteen years.”

“I know.” Lucius said sadly.

“I guess it can wait a bit longer. Now!” Harry shouted and that was our cue. The remaining members of the DA jumped into action.

“Stupefy!” I yelled, pointing my wand at Bellatrix before I ran to the left down one of the long corridors, Ginny close behind me.

“What do we do now?” She asked as we ran.

“We fight, just like Harry taught us.” I said looking over my shoulder to see a black ripple of material gaining on us. “Avis.” I said moving my wand in a circle in front of me, forming beautiful orange birds. “Oppugno!” I yelled, causing the birds to fly at the material. An evil cackle of laughter followed before a green jet flew over my shoulder, missing me by less than an inch. The spell crashed into several prophecies, causing them to smash.

“Confundo!” Ginny called, trying to hit Bellatrix over her shoulder. We continued running as fast as we could, we obviously weren’t watching where we were going because we crashed into the rest of them, Hermione, Ron, Harry, Neville and Luna. We turned to look at where a surge of several dark material, obviously all of the Death Eaters that accompanied Bellatrix and Lucius. “Reducto!” Ginny called sending a blast towards them, causing a few of the prophecies to fall to the floor, however this didn’t stop the Death Eaters.

“Confringo!” I yelled, causing one of the Death Eaters to fall to the floor in flames, and more prophecies to fall.

“Get back to the door!” Harry said causing us all to start running as the shelves of prophecies had a domino effect, some bursting into flames. We just about reached the door as the prophecies caught up to us. Rapidly we all stepped through the door and fell about two stories. Our fall was stopped by the cushioning charm, which was about two inches off of the floor before it disappeared and we all crumbled on the floor with a groan.