Chapter Eight ~ Blood

The next morning I awoke bright and early and quickly got dressed before I made my way – all alone – down to the great hall where I was greeted with emptiness apart from a few early risers from Ravenclaw and two Professors (Minerva McGonagall one and Severus Snape the other).

“Ah Miss Tonks. Good morning. The first student from our house awake! Although I am surprised it is not Miss Granger.” Professor McGonagall said as she lifted her head up from her copy of the Daily Prophet at my entrance to the hall.

“Good morning Professor McGonagall. Snape.” I said to the two professors. The dark professor lifted his head up from his black covered book, his dark greasy hair hung in his eyes as he gave me a nod in recognition before returning back to his book. I sat down anywhere I wanted at the Gryffindor table and dug into my breakfast whilst I waited for the rest of Gryffindor house to awaken from whatever dream they were having.

Eventually the Gryffindor house came into the hall in trickles one after the other until – finally – I was surrounded by all of my friends who immediately started digging into their breakfasts.

“You were up early this morning.” Hermione said as she slid into the seat opposite me as the twins graciously slid in beside me each pressing kisses to my cheeks.

“Yeah I was just too excited to start the day. I wanted to see what my timetable looked like this year.” I said laughing as I winked to Hermione across the table. George groaned from beside me.

“Hermione… what have you done to my girlfriend?” He asked sarcastically as he rested his head on my shoulder and muttered something unintelligent into my neck. His breath tickled the exposed skin there thanks to the ponytail I had thrown my hair up into.

“George stop it, it tickles.” I said laughing slightly as I tried to push him away from me with no success since he wrapped his arms around my waist and pressed his face into my neck and started trailing kisses up and down my sensitive skin.

“Hey no PDA. I’m trying to eat.” Fred snapped from the other side of me, stuffing his face with a slice of toast. Ron grunted in agreement with his brother around his seventh slice of bacon.

“Really Fred? We were in the middle of something there! You can eat any time you want.” George practically growled at his twin, before he went back to kissing my neck. In all honesty I was slightly uncomfortable with this amount of public display of affection we were giving to the whole hall and the teachers.

“Well why don’t you two get a room and not do it at the dinner table, I plan on eating this year!” Fred growled, slamming his fork down near his plate causing a loud clatter to sound throughout the now silent hall.

“Why are you doing this? Do you want to ruin everything?” George growled releasing me and standing up to hover above his twin, his hands tensed into fists at his sides.

“You know why I’m doing this!” Fred growled, joining his brother so that they were now face to face, practically growling at each other getting ready to swing at any given time.

“Enlighten us then Fred, because I assure you I have no idea.” George said, shoving his brother hard in the chest, causing him to stumble backwards, tripping slightly on his long robes.

“George! Stop it.” I hissed quietly, tugging on George’s sleeves to his robe, trying desperately to pull him down back in his seat. I didn’t want him to cause a scene, even though it seemed almost inevitable.

“I love her!” Fred yelled, his chest rising and falling as he panted out in anger. “Do you know how much it hurts to watch you two fawn all over yourselves and be in love? Do you? No you don’t. Well let me tell you brother it hurts!” Fred yelled getting up in George’s face, sneering at him. I took this as my cue to stand up and get in between the twins who rarely fought.

“What is going on with you two?” I demanded, trying desperately to push them apart. “Huh? Answer me?” I yelled at the seething boys. George took one look at my angry face and took a step back. I turned back to Fred giving him a questioning look. And that’s when it happened.

Fred grabbed my face in-between his large, warm palms, gently running his thumb over my lip before he slammed his lips down onto my own, covering them in a heated and angry kiss. I struggled to break free of Fred’s hold on my face, as he demanded entrance to my lips as he nibbled my bottom lip. I pushed desperately at his chest, fighting to be released. I was scared. Scared that if I succumbed to the passion I would be betraying George. The twins were different in more ways than one. George’s kisses were comfortable and safe. With him I knew what I was getting into. However, Fred was unpredictable and passionate. Suddenly I was ripped from his grasp and looked to see an angry George, just before he punched his brother in the nose.

“I. Am. Going. To. Kill. You!” George growled as he stood above his brother who was now lying on the floor, covered in blood. I watched in horror as George pulled his wand out and pointed it at his crumpled twin. The brothers that never fought were now fighting… and it was all. My. Fault.

“George Fabian Weasley! Stop it! Stop it now!” I yelled as I tried to pull him away from his brother. “Come on.” I said pushing on his chest feebly, to not a lot of success I might add.

“So now you are defending him? If that’s how it is then we’re through.” George growled before he stomped out of the hall. Professor Snape following quickly after, not being one to loose out of handing out a detention. I felt tears threatening to spill out of my eyes.

“Ari… I am so sorry. I just had to know what it felt like… I just had to know.” Fred whispered from behind me as he pulled himself to his feet, holding his now broken nose.

“You have ruined everything! Everything!” I yelled angrily before I pulled my hand back and slapped him hard across the cheek, leaving a red handprint in my trail. “I don’t ever want to speak to you again. This is by far the worst thing you have done to me Fredrick Gideon Weasley.” I whispered to him before I ran out of the hall – leaving the trail of whispers behind me – and straight to the Gryffindor tower, Hermione and Ginny hot on my tail as they desperately called for me to slow down.