Chapter Thirty-Three ~ The Return

Returning to Hogwarts with George by my side was surreal. Just as the healer had said the floo network had been connected to Professor Dumbledore’s office so I wasn’t overly surprised to see him and Professor McGonagall sat there waiting for us.

“Oh Ari, I’m so glad you are okay.” McGonagall said as she enveloped me in a hug. “It is absolutely atrocious what happened to you. And to think that he’s still out there and not in a cell in Azkaban is disturbing.”

“Yes, it seems your recovery as been nothing short of miraculous.” Professor Dumbledore said, his eyes twinkling with happiness. “Ah Mr Weasley nice to see you again.” He commented, looking at George who stood behind me. “Minerva, could you please escort these two to the Gryffindor common room, I suspect that there are several of their friends there, wishing to welcome them back.” He continued, practically dismissing us from his office.

“Yes, I have done nothing but answer questions about your well being, from some surprising people as well.” She said as she led us towards the entrance hall. “It seems you are well liked here.”

“Ariella?” I heard a voice say from behind me in shock. A voice I knew rather well, whether it was him tormenting me about my life and my friends or in recent months consoling me.

“Farren Richards, I didn’t expect to see you.” I said honestly as I turned to look at him. I noticed him flinch slightly at my appearance. I’d grown pale, my hair slightly matted and gaunt. I was so terribly thin that my bones stuck out awkwardly. Much to my frustration people seemed to treat me like I was a china doll about ready to crack at a moments notice.

“I’m glad you’re recovering. When I heard what had happened I couldn’t believe it.” He said, coming to stand closer to me, George stiffened. “It’s alright Weasley, you can relax, I’m not going to hurt her.”

“Trust me, when I woke up neither could I.” I laughed before I looked at McGonagall’s patient face. “Sorry Farren, I’ve got to go, you know people to see and all that. I’ll see you tomorrow though for our final day.” I said smiling at him. It was nice to know that my worst enemy and I would be departing our school days as friends.

“I can’t believe you and that idiot are friendly now.” George whispered in my ear as we passed so many people who just stared openly at me. I guess it isn’t every day they see someone who is so close to dying. George, having noticed my reaction to the stares, gripped my hand confidently showing me that he was being the strong one, so I didn’t have to be. Once we entered the Gryffindor common room, I was met with loud applause.

“Air!” A voice yelled in the midst of the crowed. A few minutes later Hermione came, shoving her way out, towards me. “I’m so glad you’re alright.” She cried as she flung her arms around me, pulling me into a tight hug. It seemed she hadn’t noticed the ribs that were probably making it very uncomfortable for her. “They wouldn’t let us come and see you.” She cried as the tears continued to stream from her eyes.

“Yeah and I don’t think George would have let us in anyway. How are you brother?” Ron asked George before they started talking about the joke shop where Fred and George worked. Suddenly Hermione was shoved aside and Ginny took her place, collapsing into my arms as she sobbed heavily.