Chapter Six ~ Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes

The next morning we were all packed and ready for another year at Hogwarts. As a large group, accompanied by the order of course, we made our way to Kings Cross station. Whilst the Weasleys, Hermione and I run through the barrier wall in between the platform nine and ten to see the scarlet Hogwarts Express waiting at the station.

“Now you watch out after each other, you hear?” Mrs Weasley demanded, like she did every year, before pulling us all into tight hugs. “And you two. I don’t want to hear a peep about you being out of line.” She said once she got to the twins who just rolled their eyes at their mum’s usual antics.

“Of course mum.” George said, giving into her embrace and throwing me a cheeky wink over her shoulder letting me know that he had no intention of doing what he’s told, not that he ever does.

“How can we when little baby brother here’s a prefect.” Fred mocked, ruffling Ron’s shaggy hair, much to his distaste. Hermione and I just watched in amusement as the two boys proceeded to play fight on the platform gaining the attention of every single witch and wizard there.

“Shut up. I’m not Percy.” Ron grumbles as his mum pulls the two boys apart and hugs him. George grabs my trunk and pulls it, along with his own, onto the train so I followed closely behind him, leaving the famous trio behind with Mrs Weasley, with Fred on my heels.

Once we had found an empty compartment about half way down the train the twins and I just spread out on the red benches. My feet were resting on George’s lap, who was rubbing his hand up and down my ankle in soothing circles, whilst my back was propped up against the large window that faced out onto the now empty platform. Suddenly the glass door slid open to allow Lee to slip in through the small gap he had created.

“Lee! I thought you said you weren’t coming back this year!” I squealed as I hugged my friend who was still stood in the centre of the compartment. I quickly released the boy when he removed his hands from behind my back, a sign that the hug was over.

“Yeah, it wasn’t planned. Mum made me…” He grumbled after he returned my hug and threw himself down on the bench next to Fred who just grabbed Lee in a headlock.

“Lee… What happened to your hair?” George asked as he looked at his friend. This alerted my attention to the top of Lee’s head where I was expecting his infamous dreadlocks. Of course I was shocked to see his hair braided back in a slick hair do.

“Yeah, mum also thought that I needed to grow up. The dreads were the first to go.” Lee said sadly, missing the presence of his hair.

“Right, now that we’re all here. We’ve got something to show you.” Fred said as he stood up and pulled his trunk down from the luggage rack above Lee’s head. Lee ducked as the edge of the trunk swung towards his face, threatening to hit him in the eye.

“We’ve been working on this for the majority of the summer for our jock shop range.” George said as Fred pulled out a box with a large orange ‘W’ on front of the lid.

“Come on then… let it rip.” Lee said enthusiastically as he leant forward, resting his elbows on his jean clad knees and placed his fists underneath his chin. Lee and I watched as the twins pulled bags and bags out of the box, all with labels naming the concoctions.

“These are what we like to call Fainting Fancies.” Fred said as he held the bag up containing an orange sweet in. “George a demonstration.” Fred said. I watched as George went to the door and opened it before slipping out of the room.

“This is Sarah, she’s a second year Hufflepuff.” George said as he returned to the compartment with a scared looking girl in tow. As soon as she stepped into the room she looked around the room taking in all of our faces until she saw mine. Her jaw became slack and her eyes went wide in shock.

“You… you you’re Ariella.” She stated, still looking at me in shock. This caused me to become paranoid. Was there a horrible rumour about me going about? Was there something that people were keeping from me?

“Ummm… Yes I am.” I said slightly. I wasn’t sure whether she wanted to know for a positive or a negative reason.

“I saw you last year in the tri-wizard tournament. My sister, who goes to Beauxbatons, wants to transfer here.” She said, less nervous now than she originally was.

“That’s wonderful.” Fred said smiling tightly at the girl. It was obvious that he was getting frustrated with her fascination for me and wished for the attention to be focused on him and the sweets he had made with his twin.

“Now Sarah, I’m sure you have become acquainted with the man that is known in our school as Professor Snape. What is your take on the man?” George asked, as he returned to his seat next to me.

“…He scares me. Probably one of the most petrifying man I have ever met.” She said honestly after a moment of hesitation, slightly startled by his question and unsure of how to answer him.

“Do you sometimes wish that you could fake an illness to get out of the lesson? Just so you can be free from the mean professor?” Fred asked.

“Of course.” She said. I think everyone has wished that at least once during a potions lesson. Professor Snape can sometimes be a little (and by that I mean a lot) intimidating.

“The Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes or better known as Weasley and Weasley will allow you to become ill. Could you please demonstrate how our Fainting Fancies work?” George asked as he took the bag from his twin and held the bag out to Sarah. She looked tentatively at the bright orange sweet before she slowly put her hand in the bag, as though the sweet would come alive and bite her fingers off. She placed the sweet in her mouth and chewed for a few minutes. Lee and I watched in shock as the girl suddenly went pale before she passed out and lay on the floor of our compartment.

“Oh my gosh is she okay?” I asked the twins as I hopped off of the bench and sat at her head, placing it on my lap to stop her from chocking on the orange sweet that was still in her mouth.

“She’s perfectly fine.” George said, tossing me the strong smelling salts. I instantly placed them underneath her nose, reviving her from her sweet induced faint in seconds.

“I’ll take ten.” She said, reaching into her pocket for the golden money, which she handed over to a grinning Fred who exchanged the money for ten of the brightly coloured sweets. I watched, still shocked, as she jumped up from the floor, placed the sweets in her pocket and sprinted out of the door. Perfectly fine and unharmed.