Chapter One ~ The Twins

“Ariella! Get up!” My older brother Greg yelled, shaking my arm in a desperate attempt to wake me up.

Greg was four – soon to be three – years older than me at twenty-one and was in his graduating year of university. He looked the spitting image of our father with his brown hair and dark brown eyes, whereas I shared more features with our mum. And he still was as annoying as he was when he was twelve.

“Go away!” I growled, grabbing my pillow and covering my head with it, hoping that it would make him disappear… no such luck.

“Seriously Ari, get up there’s a strange man downstairs asking mum and dad questions on the function of a toaster. I presume he’s the father of a friend of yours.” Greg said before he left my room to go back to his girlfriend, Megan, who hated me just as much as I hated her. Begrudgingly I got out of my nice warm bed, threw on my Mrs Weasley initial knitted sweater, and went downstairs.

Mr Weasley was sat on our sofa, his ginger hair covered with an Egyptian Tarboosh, dressed in muggle clothes that their cat had possibly picked out for him (and knowing the Weasleys it probably did). At least it wasn’t as bad as the outfit he wore to the guided tour he had around a muggle prison. There was pink trainers involved – enough said. Mr Weasley was no longer grilling my parents on the function of a toaster but had instead moved on to ask them about what a football is.

“Ah Ariella.” Mr Weasley said when he noticed me by the door, jumping up from his place on the sofa and practically skipping over to me to give me a bone-crushing hug.

“Hello Mr Weasley.” I managed to breathe out. “What are you doing here? I’m not meant to get to the burrow until a week on Thursday.” I asked politely when he released his grip on me.

“Ah… about that, there’s been a change of plan. I’ve already asked your parents, and their fine with it. You’re coming with us today and staying till the end of the holidays, we’re going to take you back to the station.” Mr Weasley explained.

“Us?” I asked confused, as far as I could see was just Mr Weasley and no one else around to classify as we.

“Fred and George wanted to come with me today, and we picked Hermione up from her house just before we stopped over here.” He said, laughing at the end as I ran back up stairs to get dressed and pack up my trunk.

Once I had finished getting dressed, there was a knock on the door. Our secret knock, which was two knocks on the door, pause for five seconds, and then followed by three more knocks on the door. It may seem stupid to normal people but when you’re friends with boys and you have the task of getting changed with them around it proved to be very handy. We have learnt from our very frequent mistakes of walking in on someone changing… Running to the door, tripping over a stray converse that should be in my trunk on the way there, I flung open the door and launched myself into the awaiting arms of George.

“I’ve missed you.” I whispered into his ear, pressing a kiss to his cheek. His arms tightened around my waist before they slipped down to my lower back, just above my rear end.

“Yes don’t worry about me. Continue as you were.” Fred grumbled at us as he walked past into my room, smacking me just below George’s hands as he did so. It seemed that over the holidays the boys had become even more confident then they already were the last time I saw them.

“Freddie!” I yelled, tackling him to the floor. It turns out that that was probably not the best thing to do. We tumbled to the floor, my knee connected with Fred’s stomach whilst my head connected with the edge of my trunk cutting into my skin. I cried out in pain whilst Fred gasped for his breath. “Sorry!” I grumbled as I rolled off of him, clutching my head in pain.

“Honestly, you’d think of seven years of greeting each other and them all ending in some sort of pain you’d think that you two would settle for a hug and if that doesn’t work, a simple hi would suffice.” George said, laughing at our pain from the doorway.

“Such a caring boyfriend.” I grumbled as I just lay on my floor, not really bothered about getting up too quickly I was comfy.

“Such a caring twin.” Fred said sarcastically as he stood up, just to walk a few steps forward to fling himself onto my neatly made bed.

“Hey I just made that!” I grumbled, George decided that he was sick of seeing me lying on my back and pulled me to my feet.

“Oo what’s this? A letter from Victor?” Asked as he picked up the letter off of my bedside table and reading it quickly before he found out who had written it. “Oh it’s from George.” Fred said before he placed it back on the bedside table.

“So how are you and Angelina doing?” I asked, lying across the foot of the bed. Fred lifted up his legs and put them back down so that his feet were now resting across my back. After the Yule ball him and Angelina were pretty much inseparable. If you saw one without the other, it wouldn’t take long till the other one appeared. It was kind of sweet.

“We’re good, she’s gone to America with her family though until school starts so I won’t see her till then.” Fred said, running his hands through his newly cut hair. “How are you and Georgie doing?” Fred asked sending a cheeky wink to his brother who stood off to the side of my bed, looking at the newest addition to my photo collection.

The photo was, of course, a magical photo of George and I. We moved from slow dancing together to the last song of the Yule Ball to George closing in for what I believe was our third mouth on mouth kiss. Picking up the red and gold frame he placed the picture and all of my letters on top of my pile of clothes in my trunk before closing it.

“Fred get off of the bed, we only came up here to get Ariella and her trunk. By the way I want a copy of that picture.” George said cutting into our conversation, pulling me up and rubbing my arm and pressing a small kiss to my lips before he turned around and bent forward slightly. “Hop on.” He said before I jumped on his back, him gripping my thighs and me wrapping my arms around his shoulders.

“Oh that’s not fair. She’s much lighter than all the stuff she brings with her.” Fred grumbled as he bent down to pick up my trunk.

“Well I am his girlfriend. He’s got to put up with me more than you do.” I shot back at the complaining twin who was now acting as my pack mule. “Oh and don’t forget Jannah’s cage!” I yelled.

“Whatever. Don’t break my brother, he can sometimes be a bit temperamental when it comes to piggy backs.” He grumbled before he bent down and picked up my trunk.

“That’s because you pretend he’s a horse.” I snapped back at Fred.

“Careful, you don’t want to put your back out Freddie.” George said, before he carried me down the corridor past Greg’s open door where he was sitting on his bed kissing Megan, before Fred and I got into a fight and down the stairs out of the door, and towards the sky blue Ford Anglia where Hermione sat waiting for us. Beaming from inside the car and waving frantically at me.