Chapter Thirty-One ~ Till Death

George’s P.O.V ;)

Fred and I got home from work at seven tonight, yes we got a job working and Gamble and Japes Wizarding Joke shop, located in the South Side, Diagon Alley, until we felt that we had enough experience that we could open up our own shop. Anyway when we got home from work, Dad was just leaving on some important Order business that apparently Fred and I could join.

“Mum, why can’t you tell us what it is about?” Fred pleaded with her for, what had to be, the tenth time. Much to her irritation and to my own amusement, it was always fun watching Mum get mad at Fred. It seemed that Fred was going to win this one.

“Ugh fine, fine, fine, but neither of you two are going anywhere. Sit down.” She demanded, with both complied quickly, forcing her to continue. “Harry, your brother, Hermione, Ginny, Ariella along with some other students broke into the Department of Mysteries this evening, your father believes that Death Eaters will be there as well.” Mum explained, as she sighed, finally putting her knitting needles down, obviously worried.

“Would they be that stupid?” I asked. “The Death Eaters, I mean. They would reveal themselves in the Ministry, the very place that could send them to Azkaban.” I said, obviously they wouldn’t be that thick.

“They want something that only Harry can get and it’s in that department, so yes they would be that stupid George, but they wouldn’t be careless. Oh no. They would try and make it so that no one survived to tell Fudge their identities.” Mum said, causing my heart to fall. I should be with Ari; I should be with all of them. If they died and I wasn’t there I’d be devastated.

We sat around the kitchen table in silence for hours, none of us made a move to go to sleep, even though we were all tired. Finally Dad came bursting through the door, and looked at us all sadly.

“They’re all alive.” He said, causing us all to breathe a sigh of relief. That was until he added the next bit. “For now.” We all looked at him waiting for him to continue, when he didn’t Fred took matters into his own hands.

“What do you mean for now! Dad? What happened?” Fred demanded, ever the hot headed one. Deep down I think I knew. Just from the way Dad looked at me sadly.

“Ari, she’s… um, well… she’s at St. Mungo’s.” Dad said, his voice getting caught in his throat as he said it. No doubt wishing that there were something he could do to help her.

“Arthur what happened?” She gasped, tears springing to her eyes, already preparing herself for the worst. Ever since Fred and I had befriended Ari in our first year, mum has thought of her as a daughter, she could ask her thinks that Ginny wasn’t old enough to understand yet. It was truly touching how mum took to her so quickly.

“She was bitten by one of the Death Eaters, luckily it wasn’t a were bite. But she was injected by some sort of poison, which Remus couldn’t identify only Moody was. She’s fighting for her life right now. George… I’m so sorry.” He said placing a heavy hand on my shoulder, but I couldn’t feel it. I wasn’t here, not really, I was with her spiritually. If she died it would be like loosing a part of my soul.

“I have to go.” I said, calmly. I walked to the door slowly; surprised that no one stopped me. I think they knew that I needed this; I needed to be with her. I would always be with her; because I… well I loved her.