Chapter Twenty-Nine ~ Flying with Transparent Wings

“Tell her Harry!” Hermione screeched desperately from beside me.

“Tell me what?” Umbridge askes, arm raised, poised ready to strike at a moments notice.

“Well, if you won’t tell her where it is, I will.” Hermione bargained, however I had the feeling that she was completely making this up on the spot.

“Where what is?” the toad asked, turning completely to face Hermione.

“Dumbledore’s secret weapon.” Hermione said, Umbridge looked delighted by this news. The rest of us however had no idea what Hermione was talking about. Once Umbridge had left with Harry and Hermione the tension in room completely dissolved.

“Ugh I’m hungry.” Ron groaned as he stuck his hand into his pockets and pulled out a packet of the twins’ skiving snackbox. I didn’t think that I would ever say this but Ron… you are a genius.

“Gimme them!” Goyle yelled as he snatched the packet away from Ron and began distributing them amongst the rest of the Slytherins. Within no time they began violently throwing up. Emptying their stomachs in the most disgusting way.

“Come on lets go.” Ginny whispered to me as she grabbed my arm and started pulling me down towards the grounds. There was only a few of us that were running down to the grounds, some of the younger ones were returning back to their houses. As we were running over the bridge we came face to face with Harry and Hermione.

“How’d you get away?” Hermione asked, slightly breathless.

“Puking pastilles. It wasn’t pretty.” Ginny explained.

“Told them I was hungry, and wanted some sweets. Of course they buggered off and ate the whole lot themselves.” Ron said, shrugging his shoulders slightly.

“Very clever, Ron.” Hermione said looking at him rather dreamily. I turned my head to look at Ginny who smirked at me. Knowing exactly what each of us were thinking.

“It’s been known to happen.” Ron said, laughing slightly.

“It was brilliant! So, how’re we getting to London?” Neville asked eagerly.

“Look it’s not that I don’t appreciate everything that you’ve done, all of you, but- but I’ve got you into enough trouble as it is.”

“Harry you must be kidding.” I said looking at him.

“Dumbledore’s Army was supposed to be about doing something real, or was that all words to you?” Neville asked, his mood slightly dampened.

“Maybe you don’t have to do this all by yourself, mate.” Ron said, giving his best friend a small smile.

“So, how are we going to get to London?” Harry asked everyone in general.

“We fly of course.” Luna said, as delusional as always.

“Yes Luna, but on what?” I asked. Luna was the only student here that wasn’t from Gryffindor.

“On Thestrals, of course some of you will not be able to see them but still they are probably our best bet.”

“Lead the way then Luna.” Hermione said gesturing Luna to o first. We all shared a slight look of worry when she started to lead us towards the forbidden forest, however we only went in far enough so that the large trees would cover us from sight.

“You need to approach them slowly, they are very easily spooked. Harry why don’t you go first.” Luna suggested. We followed him with our eyes as he approached a great big black beast with transparent wings.

“What does it look like?” Ginny asked me in hushed tones.

“Like death.” I answered. I thought that it was a very fitting description as it was witnessing death that allowed you to see the creatures. We all took it in turns to climb aboard. For some of them it must have been strange to ride on the back of something that they couldn’t see. Once we were all atop a large creature we wasted no time in getting airborne to start our journey to London. Flying over Britain is something that is very magical, especially when you are on a creature that has transparent wings.

Once we had arrived in the Ministry of Magic we wasted no time in finding a lift that would take us to the Department of Mysteries. Once the lift had stopped moving altogether Harry pulled the iron barrier back from the entryway.

“This is it.” Harry said as he exited causing the rest of us to follow him. “Right lets go.” He said as he started towards the door. “Ninety-two, Ninety-three, Ninety-four Ninety-five. He should be here.” Harry said as he raised his hands in defeat, his wand spreading light down the tunnels. The rest of us stood in a circle in a little clearing.

“Harry, it’s got your name on it.” Neville called as he held his wand up to a little prophecy. Harry picked it up and held it for a moment, his eyes glazing over slightly. He was completely unaware of our new company of death eaters that surrounded us.

“Harry!” Hermione yelled, gaining his attention.

“Where’s Sirius?” Harry asked angrily.

“You know, you really should learn the difference between dreams and reality. You saw only what the Dark Lord wanted you to see.” The masked figure said before he removed his mask to reveal Lucius Malfoy. “Now hand me the Prophecy.” He said his hand out stretched.

“If you do anything to them, I’ll break it.” Harry said.

“Ah, ha, ha, ha, he knows how to play! Itty, bitty baby Potter!” A voice cackled from the darkness.

“Bellatrix Lestrange!” Neville yelled pointing his wand at her. Harry and I grabbed onto his arms to pull him back.