Chapter Fourteen ~ Pink Questions

When Ginny and I finally got back to the castle it was drawing into late afternoon and there was a really loud banging coming from the entrance of the great hall.

“Hey Gin, I’m going to see what all that noise is about you coming?” I asked before she started climbing up the winding, twisting staircase.

“Nah, you go on ahead and tell me what it is later.” She said, smiling at me before she took off in the direction of the common room, my dress in hand. Once I got to the entrance, I saw Mr Filch up on a high ladder with a sea of students gathered around the base of it.

“Hey Harry, what’s going on there?” I asked, coming to a stop on a slightly raised section next to the speckled boy.

“I dunno, I cant see cause Filch’s head is in the way.” Harry grumbled.

“I know what it says!” An eager, blonde first year said, grinning from ear to ear. “It says ‘Having already revolutionized the teaching of Defence Against the Dark Arts, Dolores Umbridge will, as High Inquisitor, will have powers to address the seriously falling standards at Hogwarts School.” The little boy said before he scampered off in the direction of Hufflepuff common room.

“What does that even mean?” Harry muttered to me as we walked together back to Gryffindor common room.

“I think that it means she’s going to be coming into all of our classes and speaking to our teachers.” I said, unsurely but I couldn’t think what else it could be.

“I can’t wait to see what she makes of the greasy snake Snape.” Harry said, a bit too enthusiastic about the prospect of getting rid of his least favoured teacher.

“I know you really don’t like him, heck no one in this house does. But I’m more weary of who she’d pick as his replacement.” I said honestly before I left him to try and find George.

“He’s not here.” A voice said from the Weasley sofa. So named because that was where they always sat and no one else was allowed to sit there due to the awful pranks that they would fall victim to otherwise.

“What do you mean he’s not here?” I asked as I plopped myself down next to Fred as he stared at the orange flame in front of us.

“He’s in detention with Umbridge, he saw some Slytherins bullying a first year and obviously tried to do something to stop them, but knowing his luck the pink toad only caught him doing magic on other students.” He said, sighing.

“I swear that woman has some crazy vendetta against us.” I growled lowly.

“It’s not us as a house it’s against, but the famous wizard of this house.” Fred said nodding to the dark crevice in the corner of the room where Harry, Ron and Hermione sat, deep in conversation.

“As if he hasn’t been through enough.” I said before letting out a large yawn. “Right, I think that’s my queue to go to bed. When George comes back can you tell him that I’ve gone up?” I asked my best friend.

“Yeah sure.” Fred said, turning a ball of paper over in his hand. I leaned over and pressed a light kiss to his cheek, which used to be our standard goodnight before I started dating his brother. But before I could walk away up to my room he spoke. “Ari, I really am glad that we’re back to normal. I don’t know what I would have done without my best friend.” He said, smiling sadly at me.