Chapter Twenty-Two ~ The Attack

The next morning I awoke to just Hermione in our room, looking just as puzzled as myself as to where Ginny was.

“Before you ask, she didn’t come back last night after her and McGonagall disappeared last night.” Hermione said, cutting me off just as I opened my mouth to ask her the question she just answered.

“Something must be wrong then. We’ll get dressed and go ask Professor McGonagall what’s happening. Hopefully it’s just a misunderstanding.” I said, frowning slightly. Hermione and I hurried to get dressed, pulling on mismatched clothes and undergarments. As quickly as we could manage, we made our down to the Great Hall, all the while keeping an eye out for any of the Weasley children or Harry. We were walking along the last corridor when we spotted a dark haired boy walking away from us.

“Harry!” Hermione yelled, causing the boy in question to turn around and stop to wait for us to catch up to him. “What’s wrong? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.” She said, placing a hand on his pale forehead. “You’re burning up.”

“Yeah well, I didn’t exactly have a good night last night.” He said, moving to turn back around to continue on his way.

“Harry! Do you know where the Weasleys are?” I asked, grabbing his robe just before he disappeared.

“Oh they’re back with Molly and Arthur, some… errr… something’s happened to Arthur and they had to return.” He answered awkwardly. “We’re all still going there for Christmas.“ He said to me, since Hermione was going skiing with her parents. “So, there’s nothing to worry about there. I’ll see you all in an hour or so on the train.” He said smiling at me.

“Come on Ari, let’s go eat something. There’s nothing I hate more than travelling on an empty stomach.” Hermione said, successfully manoeuvring me into the great hall towards the Gryffindor table. Once we had started digging into our freshly cooked breakfast (which is always going to guarantee that when you return home for the summer that you’ve put on at least a couple of pounds), Hermione turned to ask me what plans I had for Christmas.

“Well George and I were going to go to my house for a day or two, before they disappear to Greg’s for the rest of the year. But with this that’s happening to Arthur and with you-know-who, I don’t know whether it will be possible.” I explained, sighing sadly.

“Knowing Molly she’ll make you go visit them whether you want to or not.” Hermione said, chuckling slightly before she checked her watch. “Oh goodness, is that the time? We better get a move on if we want to be away from the castle for Christmas!” She exclaimed as she grabbed my arm and dragged me around after her, searching and packing frantically all of our belongings before we rushed into Hogsmeade station. We made it just in the nick of time, as for when we had closed the door on the train, blocking off the platform the whistle sounded and the train started moving.

“Sorry.” I mumbled as I bumped into her back and clutched onto her shoulders to keep myself from tumbling to the ground.

“Oh come on, let’s go find Harry so he can tell us what’s going on.” She said as she clutched my wrist and towed me along, peering into the almost full compartments as she went. “Ah, here he is.” She said, sliding open the glass door that led to the second to last compartment on the train. Upon entering I threw myself down onto the bench opposite the boy in question whilst Hermione settled next to him.