Chapter Thirty-Four ~ Results

The day when the seventh years received their exam results was always an emotional one. How it worked was rather complicated. First of all, the seventh years would go to their subject teachers and receive their results for the exam in that subject. Then they would go to see their head of house to accept their letters of recommendation so that they are able to get employment. Then finally there is a formal presentation of the Hogwarts School Leavers certificate. Normally people were in tears at this point, either from not getting what they wanted or needed or exceeding their expectations. I hoped that my reason was the latter.

“Stop fretting, you will be fine.” George said evenly as he placed a hand on my shoulder, this was supposed to calm me, but it did the exact opposite. We were currently stood outside of Potions, waiting for the person in front of me to emerge before I could enter. The door suddenly swung open and a girl came running out, tears streaming down her face.

“Miss Tonks.” The cold voice of Professor Snape called out, notifying me that I could go in.

“Good luck!” George said, giving me two small thumbs up. I just smiled at him nervously. I entered the dark potions room that Professor Snape had made his home. In all honesty, I would miss this place when I leave in a few more hours.

“Miss Tonks, amongst all of the blundering idiots at this school you were always the most pleasing. I have to admit that you excel at potions, so your result didn’t surprise me.” He said blandly as he handed me a roll of parchment. I unravelled it to reveal a shimmering red O, the highest grade possible. “Well done Miss Tonks and good luck with whatever it is you want to do in future.” Snape said, clearly dismissing me. As I emerged from the room, George looked at me expectantly. I simply handed him the parchment and watched his face change into a smile.

“This is excellent! See, I told you all that help you were giving to Fred and I would pay off. You should really be thanking us for your amazing grade.” He joked, throwing his arm around my shoulders and tucking me into his side.

By the time lunch came around I had compiled all of my results all were O’s, in Transfiguration, DADA, Potions and Charms, except for two E’s in Alchemy and Care for Magical Creatures. I was extremely happy, and so was George.

“Okay, well I have to go sit down in the audience now, we’re all here by the way.” George smiled. Lunch today wasn’t a lunch at all, but the official presentation of the certificate. The graduating seventh years had to line up in alphabetical order, by surname, so I was right near the end. It was mandatory for the graduating students to wear the witch’s hats, and big winter cloaks. These were the most formal robes that you owned during your time at Hogwarts. No one looked out of place, it was perfect.

When it was my turn on to accept my certificate I stepped onto the stage to immense applause from George and the rest of the Weasleys, Nymph and even my parents were there with Greg, which surprised me greatly. They had never gotten involved with anything to do with Hogwarts before, it was strange to see them here now.

“Well done Ariella.” Professor Dumbledore said to me as he handed me my certificate, his eyes twinkled with happiness.

Once everyone had received their certificates it was time for the family photos. I of course had a photo taken with my parents, another one with Tonks, one with the Weasley’s (Mrs Weasley looked extremely happy in that one), one with just the twins and me and the final one was of George and I.

“I’m so proud of you.” He whispered into my ear, his arm still tightly gripping my waist, preventing me from moving away from the photographer even though we had taken all of the photos necessary.

“George, do it now!” Fred yelled from his place by the side of the photographer. Suddenly George dropped his hand to rummage around in his pocket for something, before he dropped to one knee.

“Ariella Tonks, I love the way you hold my hand – so nice and soft and slow. My roughened thumbs caress your skin still smooth, and youthful too.

But beauty fades, and passion dims; Time weathers every hand. These sweet, soft hands so tender now one day shall wrinkled be.” He said, clutching one of my hands in his. “So will you, many years from now still take my hands in yours? Will you, in years to come allow my hands to creep to yours?

I know you will, those years from now- my hands shall steal to yours. For love is blind and always fair – it nourishes, and grows.

So stay with me, and hold my hands until they’re tanned and truly creased. Stay with me, and tell me true: Love, will you marry me?” He concluded, opening the box to reveal the most exquisite ring I had ever seen in my life.

It was truly exquisite, it was a classic oval cut diamond with several little diamonds surrounding it. It was the most beautiful ring I have ever seen in my life.

“George…” I said, staring at him open mouthed, I couldn’t quite believe it. I was so shocked. “Yes, of course I will marry you.” I said. He smiled at me and slipped the ring onto my finger. “The ring is beautiful!” I exclaimed, examining it as it sat perfectly on my finger.

“It was my great grandmothers.” He admitted before he grabbed me into a deep kiss. I vaguely heard the snapping of the camera and the sounds of people cheering. I was too enwrapped by George, my forever. “I will love you forever and always.” He whispered against my lips. Forever… I could get used to that.

--------------

Hey guys so there's going to be one more chapter and then there will be the next installment of Ari's life shortly after, so don't get too mad ahaha.

You can still guess what the next book is going to be called, no one has guessed correctly yet, but hurry up, time's a ticken!!

Sophie xx