Chapter Twenty-Five ~ Mysterious Girl

The past few days were spent eating and laughing, the stress of school and work were completely forgotten. However we couldn’t avoid the inevitable for much longer. When we woke up this morning I was full of dread because today we had to go back to Hogwarts. “I can’t understand why you didn’t want to wear it, Ronald.” Hermione said as we were walking down the stairs with our luggage.

“’Cause I look like a bloody idiot, that’s why!” Ron said annoyed.

“Well I think you look cute Ron.” I said, reaching down and ruffling his hair.

“Yeah you’re like a little teddy bear.” George said smiling a toothy smile at him.

“Oh yeah that’s just great.” Ron grumbled and continued down the stairs in silence. When we got to the main entranceway Mrs Weasley was stood there with sandwiches and little cakes for us.

“Right everyone I want you to put all of your stuff in the car whilst I check your rooms to make sure you haven’t forgotten anything, I don’t want to have to send poor old Errol out making deliveries for you.” Molly said, starting the climb that we had just finished. “Oh and don’t forget to take your sandwiches. Ronald I mean it!” She yelled as everyone struggled with his or her luggage.

“Don’t forget your sandwiches Ronald.” Fred mocked.

“Don’t forget your underwear Ronald.” George continued but only received an eye roll in return.

“You two are horrendous.” I said as I shouldered my way past them to the sky blue car.

“Yeah but you love us! You can’t even try to deny that!” Fred shouted at my back. Once the car was loaded and Mrs Weasley was satisfied that we hadn’t left anything behind we were escorted by the Order to Kings Cross stations so that we could be on our merry way back to school.

“I presume you’re going to sit with the twins Ari?” Ginny asked as she followed me through the gateway between platform nine and ten.

“Of course! Someone has to keep them out of trouble when your mum isn’t around, may as well be me.” I laughed at my poor attempt at a joke. The thing is, Fred and George didn’t go looking for trouble, it just so happened that trouble, found them.

“Well the best of luck with that.” She said winking at me before she spotted her own friends and disappeared into the crowd. As Fred, George, Lee and I settled into our compartment I started digging.

“So Fred… Who’s the girl?” I asked leaning back against the window and throwing my legs over George’s lap, who looked at me confused with half a sandwich in his mouth.

“What girl? There’s no girl.” The boy in question said, rather too quickly might I add.

“Fred you need to get better at lying, god knows how you normally manage to pull it off.” I said, narrowing my eyes at him slightly. “Now go on tell me, who is she? What house is she in? Will we approve?” I said, firing these questions at him.

“Okay so there is a girl so what.” He huffed slightly. He looked at me, quickly before continuing answering the rest of my questions. “She’s in Ravenclaw so of course you will approve.” He said.

“Ooo following in Percy’s footsteps I see going for a Ravenclaw girl. I remember the first time he brought Penelope Clearwater home, she was so pompous.” George said.

“And what’s this mysterious girls name?” I asked, completely ignoring George’s comment.

“Isobel. Isobel MacDougal, her dad works at the ministry with Malfoy.” Fred said.

“Isobel is lovely, she helped me a few years ago with some homework I had from Snape, I hear she wants to go into healing. She’s a good fit for you Fred, she’ll have lots of opportunities to practice her bandaging.” I said smiling gently at him, as he turned red. “Why don’t you go see if she wants to sit with us?” I suggested before looking at Lee and George to back me up.

“Yeah that’d be a great idea.” Lee said hesitantly. Fred complied non-the less and left the compartment in search of his girl. George turned to look at me accusingly.

“Why did you have to go and do that?” He asked sighing.

“Because I was curious. And you might not care about who your brother associates with but as his friend I do. I want him to be happy and I want to make sure that this Isobel won’t hurt him.” I explained, trying to bring George up to speed with what I was thinking.

“Fair enough.” George said shrugging as he continued eating his sandwich. I decided that I would get a book out and started reading it. It was a muggle book about wizards and I have to say it was absolutely hilarious to see what their perception of our world was. When we finally pulled into Hogsmede station Fred had never returned so that left George, Lee and I trudging up to the carriages in the left over snow that hadn’t quite melted.

“Ugh I hate snow.” Lee said as he tried to shake the snow from the bottom of his robes. “How does it even stick?” He asked angrily as he slammed himself down on the bench in the carriage. “How come you two don’t have snow on you?” He asked, looking at the bottom of our cloaks in awe.

“Lee… we’re wizards, but shh it’s a secret.” I said laughing as he palmed his face in frustration. We continued to the castle in silence, no doubt we were all anticipating the welcome back feast that will be amazing, in fact my stomach is growling just thinking about it.

“Welcome back students, I see that some of you have thoroughly enjoyed the festivities Christmas. But unfortunately for some of our senior students this will be the hardest and toughest time you will ever have to experience during your time at Hogwarts. Tomorrow morning those of you in your final and seventh year, you will receive your exam timetables along with the fifth years you will also receive exam timetables. Anyway I think it is time for food.” Dumbledore said, clapping his hands together, making the food appear on the four long tables. After dinner, the majority of Gryffindor made their way to the common room for some catch up time before going to bed to prepare for the full day ahead.