Chapter Nineteen ~ Happy For A Change

When I woke up the next morning my joints ached from sleeping on the sofa, and when I tried to stretch my legs but I soon realised that they were tangled with someone else. I glanced over my shoulder since I was lying on the edge on my side to see a mop of ginger hair. I guess we both fell asleep.

“George, wake up.” I said as I poked him in the shoulder, he just grunted and continued to sleep. Sighing slightly I climbed off of the sofa and disappeared up to the girls dormitories. George will wake up when he wants too, I’ve had too many bruises to try and wake him up by force… I’m surprised I lived to tell the tale.

“And where were you this morning… or should I say last night?” Hermione asked me as I entered the room. She looked up from her vanity mirror where she was trying to tame her mane of hair.

“George and I were in the common room. I guess we were pretty tired last night and just crashed out down there.” I said shrugging slightly trying to make it seem like it wasn’t a big deal, which it wasn’t of course.

“Ugh Ari that’s gross, other people want to sit on those sofas you know.” She said in disgust. My jaw dropped slightly at what she was insinuating.

“Nothing like that happened Hermione. As if we’d do that in school… that’s just wrong.” I said, feeling slightly disgusted that she would even think that I would do something like that on furniture that belonged to school.

“You should have seen your face… that was priceless.” She said as she erupted into a fit of giggles, I scowled at her and threw my pillow at her, being successful in hitting her in the face and stomped off to put on my robes. Twisting my friendship charm bracelet around my wrist, making all the charms cling together as it turned. I remember when Fred and George gave this to me.

We were in our second year of Hogwarts at this time, and they decided to give it to me after we first sneaked into Filch’s office.  And since then they’ve added a charm for every prank we have done together, and let me tell you… I don’t think I will ever fit another charm on.

“Oi Ariella are you finished in there? I really need the toilet?” Ginny asked as she hammered on the door of the bathroom, which I quickly pulled open to see a ginger girl jigging around in front of the door.

“Yep all yours.” I said, quickly stepping out of the way to allow her to enter, she didn’t waste any time either and rushed in to presumably relieve herself. “Ginny, I’m going down to breakfast!” I yelled through the door, receiving a grunt as she continued to get herself ready. Thankfully today was Tuesday and I only had two lessons, which consisted of double potions and was followed by Transfiguration. Despite one of these teachers being evil, they were my two favourite lessons, so Tuesday was by far my favourite day.

“Hey Ari, can I come to breakfast with you?” Hermione asked me as she sat at a desk in the common room, presumably waiting for Ron and Harry.  I nodded and she quickly joined me as we walked down to the great hall side by side.

“So… How do you think it’s going to go tomorrow?” I asked, talking about our upcoming DA meeting, but without giving it away to someone who wasn’t a member.