Chapter 22

Chapter 22:

I had difficulty beginning. I slowly explained what had happened, though I failed to mention the black cube and note that had accompanied it. “Why would he choose to torture only you? I see no reason why. His mind is a place which I never wish to explore,” Loki said angrily. I sat, shaking in the thin towel that was still covering my otherwise exposed body. “I-I am going to change into my clothes, and perhaps try the shower again. Though I may not come out victorious,” I said lightheartedly. I stepped onto the cold floor, my legs still shaking. I made my way to the washroom. I turned the shower on carefully, not daring to remove my towel in case another incident were to happen. The water was perfectly normal, crystal clear and steaming. No blood, no spiders, nothing. I removed my towel and began my cleansing. Nothing happened. Nocturne was messing with me, he was trying to scare me. Trying to get inside my head, and corrupt my mind and all of my thoughts. I secretly dared him to try. I dared him to try to change me, and I promised it would never happen. I turned off the shower and searched the floor for any more cubes and such. Of course, there was nothing there. I combed out my hair and put on my clothes. My hair already started to curl and twist into thick ringlets. I walked out of the bathroom, feeling fresh and alive. I was eager to rush into the battle that was on the horizon. Loki sat up from the bed and walked towards the washroom, smiling at me as he went. I didn’t dare look at him, in fear he would see the love and yearning in my eyes. I stared at the floor ahead of me. “Oh, dearest! I think I am going to go meet up with everyone. I can’t bear another minute in this room. I give you my word that I won’t say a thing about our engagement!” I said loudly so he could hear me through the bathroom door. “That’s perfectly fine! I will see you then, my lovely!” he said back. I grinned and skipped out of the room jubilantly.