Chapter 12

Chapter 12:

“So, what are you guys here for?” Jane asked. She looked curious. “Bad news I’m afraid. San Francisco is being threatened by a man named Nocturne. The Avengers have been called in, including Thor. Madelyn and I came to bring you to a safer place” Loki said. Jane was shocked. “Who is Nocturne?” She asked. Loki explained to her and by the end of it, she looked like she had just seen a ghost. “Oh my god. He sounds horrifying…” She said quietly. “He is” I said to her. I gently touched her hand “Don’t worry though. Everything will be fine. We just have to get out of here” I said comfortingly. She nodded and stood up. Loki and I stood up too. I walked over to the window. I gasped. “Loki… You better see this” I said. Down below, an enormous creature was crawling down the sidewalk. It had black, knotted fur stained with blood and dirt. It had razor sharp claws that were chipped and brown. It snarled with yellow dagger-like teeth. People were running left and right. The creature let out a growl that we could hear from inside the 2nd floor. “What in the…” Loki said, shocked. Jane walked over and let out a cry of horror. “What the hell is that thing?!” She said. None of us knew. “Come on, we have to go right now. That thing could easily get up here.” Loki said nervously. We ran out of the building. We didn’t risk taking an elevator. Apparently, everyone in the building knew what was going on, and the doors were being blocked off by guards. “Let us through!” Loki yelled at a fat guard. “Sorry sir, nobody is allowed through” He said. Loki pulled out his scepter and put the sharp tip against the guard’s neck. I knew Loki wouldn’t hurt him. “Let us through. Please.” Loki said coldly. The guard nodded and quickly opened the door. “Thanks” I said to him. Loki, Jane, and I walked onto the street. Nobody was out, they had all run into the nearest buildings. “Jane, run that way” Loki said and gestured to the left. “Madelyn will take care of this. We’ll meet you a couple blocks down, alright?” Loki said. Jane nodded and ran off. “Ready?” Loki asked. I pulled out my sword. “Of course. I love you.” I said back to him. He smiled at me. We snuck up behind the enormous creature. It was even bigger in person. Loki jabbed his scepter into the creature’s side. It let out a cry of pain. It swung around to face us. It’s eyes glowed yellow. “You attack from behind! I’ll distract it!” Loki yelled at me. I ran behind a car, just in time to avoid getting smacked by a large paw. I sprinted behind it. “How can I get on top of this thing…” I mumbled to myself.