Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

"Ready?" Loki asked.

"Let's do this!" I said back to him. I pulled out my sword. It glinted in the light of the afternoon sun. Loki made the first move. He jabbed his scepter towards my left shoulder. I stepped to the right and swung my sword towards his head. His golden scepter met my sword just before my sword could strike his head. I swept my sword towards his right shoulder.

"Gah!" I yelled. Again, Loki met my sword with his scepter. I knew I would have to knock him on the ground. As our weapons locked, I swept my leg under his. He fell to the ground. "Ha! I knew I could beat you, Loki!" I laughed. He grinned. "Damn, Madelyn. You're becoming quite the warrior. I was going easy on you, though." Loki go easy on me? Never.

"Hey!" I said and playfully punched his shoulder. He was still laying on the ground, laughing. "Come on lazy," I said and held out my hand to help him up. He grabbed it and pulled me down next to him. I laughed. "Ah, I should've seen that coming! Come on let's go!" I said. Loki turned to me.

"Someone's a little impatient today, huh?" He teased. I smirked and rolled my eyes. Loki and I were best friends, still are, actually. I'm closer to him than his own brother, Thor. Loki and I both stood up and started walking towards the House of Odin.