Chapter 11

Chapter 11:

“Ok, easy enough… You boys keep planning. I need to change. Excuse me for a second, gentleman.” I said and walked to the bathroom. I grabbed my clothes and quickly slid them on. I played with my hair for a minute in the mirror, but what did it matter? My hair would be a mess anyway soon. I walked out of the bathroom and sat next to Loki again. “What did I miss?” I said. “Thor is going to try and track down Nocturne, and you and me are going to find Jane.” Loki said. What? I’m stuck dealing with Thor’s girlfriend? “Are you kidding me? Thor should go find his girlfriend and we should fight!” I yelled at Loki. “No, Madelyn. Thor needs to fight, he’s expected to fight. We are not, and anyway, we’ll do a lot of fighting. I promise you.” Loki said calmly. I nodded my head. I understood. It was settled. “Let’s go then” Thor announced. We all got up and walked towards the door. I took one last look at the room, and the door that never got opened. Loki and I walked out, hand in hand. Thor was ahead of us, eager to get going. We took the elevator down to the lobby and we checked out. We thanked the woman at the desk and the man who held the door open for us. “Jane is at some science university. I don’t know the name of it nor where it is.” Thor said. Loki rolled his eyes. “Oh well that narrows it down” he said sarcastically. I laughed a bit. “We’ll go ask the woman at the front desk. You go fight. Good luck brother, we’ll see you later.” Loki said. He looked nervous, but he knew that Thor would be ok. “Thank you. Farewell.” Thor said, and he was off. I didn’t know how he was going to find Nocturne in this huge city. Loki and I walked back inside. “Excuse me, but where is the nearest science university?” Loki asked kindly. “Just take a left, walk down 3 blocks, and you’ll find it.” She said. We thanked her and ran off. We took a left and walked down 3 blocks just like she said. The city was amazing. It was loud, too. Very loud. “People are so rude here. Honking their cars and such. Damn, can’t they just be patient?” I complained. Loki laughed “They’re humans. It’s not in their nature to be patient. They must always be first.” He said. We came upon a huge building. “San Francisco University of Science” It said. We walked inside. Everything was clean and nice. “Can I help you?” A man said. He wore glasses and looked very clean. “Is there a Jane Foster here?” Loki asked. “Let me check” the man said. “Yes, there is. She should be on the second floor in classroom 14B. Just take that elevator there” The man said. “Thank you very much” I said sweetly. Loki and I jogged to the elevator. “Second floor, right?” Loki asked. I nodded my head. He pushed the button that had a large ‘2’ on it. We got out and looked around. ‘Rooms 10-25 to your left’ a sign said. We took a left and started walking. “Aha, 14B” I said and knocked on the door. Jane opened it. “Jane!” Loki said. Jane looked surprised, but then she grinned. “Loki! Hi! And who is this…?” She said enthusiastically. “I’m Madelyn, Loki’s girlfriend. It’s a pleasure to meet you!” I said, and shook Jane’s hand. “Come in, guys!” Jane said cheerfully. She led us into a large, white room with many machines and pictures of space. “Loki, you got yourself a girl. That’s exciting” Jane said smiling. “Yes, I did.” He said and smiled back.