48: Broken Promises

Aiyama was very nervous when Madara would return since it has only been about two weeks since he has been gone. Izuna would annoy the heck out of her when she reads or goes out for her own time.

Today, well... was a different day. She had gone to visit Tobirama at the very least to get any updates on what has been going on. Aiyama felt that she was in the dark with many things so far. Jirū wouldn't speak to her either and was chained up heavenly. Such an imbecile feudal lord to say.

Once she arrived she saw Mito walking out of the office with a smile on her face. "Oh! Aiyama-san. I have some news I must tell you later. Make sure to stop by for dinner since Hashirama and Madara will be back tonight. And Izuna is invited of course." Aiyama's heart rose by the mention of Madara being back. She felt anxiety course through her veins. Mito lightly bowed before leaving Aiyama flustered.

She didn't know what all that was about and proceeded to enter the Hokage's office. Aiyama face palmed seeing Tobirama being comfy in the Hokage robes and hat doing paperwork.

"Uh— this is relatively new. I came by to ask about Hashirama-nii's work so far?" Aiyama's blank expression explained a lot while her brother peered his eyes up to see her flabbergasted.

"Hm. The two bakas will be back tonight is what I know. Our brother hasn't informed me of what was said during the summit. It's a bit private for that to send a missive to let me know." Tobirama's stoic expression explained all the many faces he carries.

Aiyama wasn't satisfied with the answer and scrutinized her eyes on him. "If you're going to at least lie a bit. You would know all well that Hashirama is an idiot and would have risked the possibility that this missive could have been in the hands of an enemy. And yet it's sitting in that pile of junk on that desk. I want to know, or else I'll force Madara to tell me later." Aiyama grimaced while having a glaring contest with her brother.

"Fine," Tobirama sighed heavily from his persistent sister. "He didn't give me a lot of details. Just here and get out," he handed the tiny scroll that a falcon would be able to carry. 'Hashirama wrote it and used one of Madara's falcons.'

She muttered a thank you taking the scroll and leaving. She shook the image of Tobirama acting as the Hokage. Aiyama couldn't wait for Hashirama to retake his place at least. And then there was her wedding... it would be tomorrow. He wanted it to be done as soon as he got back.

So he has all the preparations done from the dark. Izuna has been informed what to do without telling her much and so has Uchiha Hanoi. Even then she remembered Hanoi telling her about Madara sleeping around for a while when he became clan leader. This didn't sit well with her especially it reminded her of Reini. But why did he sleep around? Is that a certain phase men go through? Hashirama or Tobirama never gone through that. When her brother became the clan leader roughly around the same time Madara did. She couldn't have been the reason, could she? They were stupidly in love as kids, then she loathed him for the pain he caused. And now... they are silently admiring and acknowledging their feelings. Now Aiyama will be meeting more of the Uchiha clansmen soon plus, not having to confront this problem.

Aiyama opened the missive once she returned back to the Uchiha territory in Konoha. It was obviously written by Hashirama due to the handwriting.

'Sorry for the delay, Madara and I gathered information for the perpetrators. I'll explain all that happened at the Kage summit when I return.'

"So that idiot was careful knowing what to write at least," Aiyama chucked the missive in a far corner in the room. So they mean the attackers held information? She hoped Madara wouldn't lie about all that happened. It wouldn't be a good impression since they were to marry the very next day.