28: Awakened

Aiyama slowly twitched her arms and legs laying on the bed cot in the infirmary. She couldn't hear anything nor open her eyes. Her body felt stiff as she tried to peel open her eyes slowly. She felt something pressed up against her stomach. Something more soft than usual.

She groaned softly and finally was able to open her eyes and was blinded by the light at first. She looked to her side and saw black hair sprawled across her abdominal area? The sheets were crumbled around her and tucked in.

'No, wait? Madara stayed here?'

Aiyama didn't say anything as her hand touched his head lightly; stroking the fair black locks away from his face. He was sleeping so calmly which she didn't see so often. He was still in the chair although, his head was on her stomach and an arm around her waist so affectionately. Aiyama wondered how long she was asleep to make Madara himself lose his duties to just be there with her.

She didn't want to wake him, but she wondered why he stayed for god knows how long. 'Oh Kami... I love you but for Jashin's sake!'

He moved his hand tightly squeezing the sheets near her upper thighs subconsciously. His gaze moved up to meet her curious eyes. She turned her head slightly flushed by his hands positioning. She couldn't figure out why she felt emotions rush inside her like fireworks.

"You're awake..." he says groggily and went to touch her crimson cheeks. She still refused to look at him. The emotions were too much for her to handle. Aiyama bit down her bottom lip inhaling sharply.

"W-why are you here?" She questioned, which made him frowned. He didn't want to think all too much of it. Madara definitely cared for her on a different level. He sort of wish things went back to normal, Madara still wondered if that could still happen.

"I brought you here... I guess I stayed overnight." He replied and she sat up straight trying to ignore the pain in her chest area. She still felt quite sore from the atrocious battle against Jirū. She wondered if Chōmei was alright as she didn't want to bother him just yet.

"Well, I'm fine now. You don't have to be here.." Aiyama wrapped her arms around herself to keep warm. She noticed that she wasn't wearing her ripped up clothes; now she had a white long shirt. Also, some new undergarments. Then her cheeks flushed bright pink lips in embarrassment.

'Did he change me? No no no! He couldn't have! Ugh, men can't hold themselves when it comes to girls!'

"Don't worry, the medics here changed your clothes." He took notice of her embarrassment. She sighed in relief thinking he saw her naked body or doing such vile things to her possibly. However, somehow she knew that he wouldn't ever do anything against her wishes.

"I-I..." she lost track of her words. She sat up and the door opened slamming against the wall.

"Aiyama-nee!" Hashirama frantically came in worriedly and was about to scold her. Then he saw the scared look in her eyes, something that made him keep his distance.

Kabira, Aoi, Saio and Izuna came in soon after crowding the room. They all looked worried and satisfied that she was awake.

"You all came..." Aiyana sounded like her voice died. She barely could speak properly. At least for now, that battle with the Daimyo took a toll on her.

"Of course! Also Aiyama... I've received word from my father. He wants to see you-"

"She isn't going anywhere." Madara had cut Aoi off. His authoritarian tone made Aoi stand back a bit.

"She will likely return home since it seems that she has many people here who care for her. However, with this war, I would like to have a cease-fire agreement to stop it. We need to kill that fugitive Fire Lord," Kabira then says catching everyone's attention.