31: A Day Break

Barely a week has gone by and still, Aiyama was furious as to what Madara has been up to lately.

Aiyama felt her core burn with antagonism. Madara left not long ago to kill that Daimyo for her sake? That bastard of a feudal lord is no more than a rotten fugitive that should burn away. However, she still wished she could watch that man die slowly but painfully. How corrupt can society get and to top it all... She had missed her Takigakure friends. She hated them at first and slowly grown accustomed to them. Madara forbade her to see them which was completely infuriating her of his demands. Especially, Aoi and Kabira who've helped her through a lot, even though they sealed the seven tails unwillingly in her. She didn't want to be used as a weapon or a tool. Seemly, no one barely understands the term what a Jinchuriki meant. She had tried and tried to research this sort of power. And was told to go to the archives many times. She can never find anything useful there.

She liked Chōmei, but she didn't want to grow too much attached.

"Only the power of a God can grant you the abilities to kill."

Who is the older man? The one with the purple vortex eyes she would envision saying necessities. Aiyama still felt lost... If Madara knew more of what Chomei was especially, would he use her as a tool to kill, or would he protect her from the beast? She still wished she knew him better. She hated why her heart desired to only be with him and no one else.

As Aiyama prepared for the day. A familiar figure was awaiting her at the bottom of the stairs. Well, two figures at that. "K-Kiyomi? It's been a while." The dirty-minded middle-aged woman who tried to teach Aiyama the ways of an Uchiha smiled genuinely.

"Isn't it Aiyama Senju— well, soon to be Uchiha." Kiyomi flashed a cheeky smile and hugged her mistress tightly. "My husband advised me to be a maid for the lovely Aiyama. So I couldn't reject that could I?" Kiyomi pulled away and began to cook some stir fry for breakfast.

"Oh.." Aiyama felt a pang of happiness that Kiyomi was around again. Another familiar presence stepped in the room wearing the Uchiha crest. "Well, I am glad you two will get along. I have important boring meetings to attend in my brother's place. Take this as you're lucky Aiyama. He's doing this for you." And with that Izuna walked away with her formal greeting; still not stopping him anyhow.

"Cheer up! We will go out today." Kiyomi pulled Aiyama up and started to drag her out of the house. However, Aiyama only thought of Madara's well being rather than her own in that instant. Her heart raced rapidly and Tobirama was outside with Suki and Kirojo Senju; the ambassadors that are a lower ranking of Butsuma's children.

"Ane—"

"Save it... The council wants to see you right now."

Aiyama blinked at Tobirama's cold words that follow up a pierce gazing stare. She nodded once ready to being interrogated.

: :

"Niisan?" Aiyama saw Hashirama draped in his Hokage cloak and headwear. He looked rather displaced in the whole mess and his eyes wouldn't meet hers. The others around the room such as Gurin, Toroshi, Tori and Ameri sat down in their general spots.

"Is this about Marriage—"

"It's not." Hashirama sighed as his hands trembled cautiously over the tabletop; his pained eyes looked over to Aiyama's nervous form. Tobirama was right behind her and he didn't speak nor move at all.

"You knew of the tailed beasts, and yet you carry one. Why didn't you exactly mention this? You knew all along and kept this hidden. If many people find out, you'll be in many dangerous situations where I won't be around to.. protect you as your brother. Aiyama, the council has decided to try and extract the beast without killing you or the Bijū." Hashirama entangled his hands together, but Aiyama didn't bulge as she closes her eyes calmly.

"You'll die anyway regardless. Would you still try? If it wasn't for me, you would have been dead from your original chakra source being depleted. Your call." Aiyama didn't hesitate for a minute from hearing this and opened her eyes and shook her head. She didn't want to be forced to extract Chōmei, in fact, she wanted to cooperate with him.

"There won't be away, Hashi-onii. I'll die because Chomei's chakra is mixed in with my own chakra. It'll be fatal or an immediate death once completed." Aiyama clenched her teeth and knuckles so tightly that Hashirama took note of her sudden anger and sighed calmly in order to keep her at ease.

"Aniki is a natural healer who can replenish your chakra and heal your wounds—"

"Don't you think I know of that? It wouldn't matter if I die right away. Can he resurrect the dead? Last I checked he could not!" Aiyama was vehemently aggravated with rage within her.

Tobirama patted her head lightly as Gurin clasped his hands to silence the whispers rummaging through the closed meeting room.

"The cause might be too risky. Have another way figured out. Or I will have to bring in Kikoko Uzumaki. She is one of the elders who are one of the best profound sealers of the clan. She might have answers for the thing sealed in you." Gurin held a grin as his eyes were glued shut, to begin with. Gurin was from the Shimura clan full of deceit and unwanted feelings radiating off of him. Not a good aura for Aiyama to feel in the exact moment.

"Perhaps, but wouldn't she be an extraordinary weapon against the enemies—"

Hashirama slammed his hands down on the table while his eyes were clenching indirect anger boiling from beneath his skin.

"Absolutely not!" Hashirama's entire body twitched in acrimony that couldn't help but shine through him. Toroshi was taken back by Hashirama's outburst.

"I won't allow any harm against my sister. I-I swore to Tousan that I would protect her. This council is pointless if you people want to bring obstruction to this village by creating ultimate weapons for your own ambitions." Hashirama's glare and speech silenced his fellow elders who didn't dare speak.

"Hashi... I-I can think on my own. I worry more for Madara-san than myself at the moment." Aiyama's soft voice cut through the tension as her arm was clenched above her chest while her eyes wandered to her feet.

"He will be fine. Where did he go if I may ask?" Hashirama turned to the council which his stare motioned them to answer.

"We gave him a task. If he can kill Jirū the fugitive feudal lord then he can have Aiyama's hand in marriage once again. We want to see how loyal he is. Certainly, he cares deeply for his younger brother and the woman he loves." Tori's smirk was so devious and filled the room in an ominous aura.

"YOU DID WHAT?!" Both Hashirama and Tobirama yelled in unison causing Aiyama to flinch at their tones. She just wanted to leave but the conundrum was drastically getting worse.

"He has three days to track him down and eliminate the threat. Little does he know, Jirū is a possible Ōtsutsuki clan member. So the battle would be interesting if he survives." Ameri laughed sadistically and was immersed in a solemn fake trance that made it look like he was mourning as if Madara will be killed.

'They're underestimating Madara's abilities like usual. What a foolish man."

"What the hell do you know of the Ōtsutsuki clan?" It was such a rare surname to hear. Especially, since that clan was a myth; folktale parents told their children of the Rabbit Goddess who ate the forbidden fruit granting shinobi chakra. Since all clans descended from them. It is common facts, even the first descending clans who descended from the legendary clan were the Senju, Uchiha, Kaguya, Hyuga and Uzumaki.

"Very little has been said about them. All we know is that they hold powerful ninjutsu and dōjutsu that originated from their bloodline. And some myths stated that the members are very unpredictable since they can inherit almost anything depending on who their lineage is. And if not the myth stated they can start new bloodlines of Kekkei Genkai and forbidden dōjutsu prowesses. It's a tough call per-say... Who knows where their main hideout is. Perhaps it's really on the moon. Or hiding in other dimensions per-say." Toroshi opened his eyes weakly to stare at the young girl before him. Aiyama wasn't fazed or if she would believe him. Does that mean Jirū is tougher than she thought?

"I want to visit Takigakure once more. I have questions that need answers." Aiyama rushed out without waiting for her brothers to call out for her.

She needed to speed the leader to get more answers she desired. She didn't care whether Madara would scold her at all.