14: Broken Feelings

"Please don't die on me..."

That was when they already brought him back. Bloody and cold...

"I can't believe you!" Madara shouted at Aiyama who stood at the door. Izuna was laying in the infirmary bed. Still unconscious and going on to the third day.

"I will not lose my brother to a worthless woman like yourself! Your recklessness could kill my imouto in any second! I should have known better." He shouted making the woman tremble as tears threaten to fall. She doesn't understand what was happening, what had happened between them at that moment. Madara's flash anger was entirely getting to her.

She didn't say anything but hung her head low. Her jaw quivered at his words. 'Worthless' she thought...

"I don't ever want to see you again. Get out of my face! Take your things from my home and leave." He gritted his teeth looking at his brother who was pale.

The medics did what they could do.

"The wedding is off."

With that... tears fell from her eyes as she ran out of the room. She couldn't take it from that point on. She tried so hard to hate Madara, but him breaking off the wedding was another thing she secretly looked forward for.

She couldn't control her emotions either. She could have been happy but all she felt was guilt. She had been getting closer to him slowly, but everything crashed into reality. She ruined his trust...

There wasn't anything she could have done at that moment. However, she wished that she was the one to have taken the hit.

Then she would have died protecting those she cared for most.

~

Aiyama sat in her old room again in the Senju compound... she was in the corner, crying in her hands. She had just let the man back into her heart. Then he stomped on it.

Again.

Aiyama still prayed for Izuna. She wished to see him well... she wanted to know that he would be alright.

It was the fifth day.

Still no word from him. It was as if he didn't care anymore. His words were stringed with venom. She would admit to herself that her love was meaningless.

She now understood why that dream happened... perhaps she should have left—

Knock

Knock

Aiyama didn't say anything, she didn't want to talk to anyone anymore. She didn't know why she was in the village, to begin with. Her dream repeated itself in a vertiginous way. Crawling from deception and into her heart.

Hashirama opened the door to see her. Her face was no longer in pain. It was latched with no emotions. She was suppressing her emotions.

"Aiyama-nee...?" he whispered trying to get her attention.

Nothing.

He sat across from her. Trying to stare into her purple eyes. Trying to get a reaction. Still no success. "Please... he didn't mean a thing."

It was like her dream was repeating itself but the scene was different. She didn't say a word. She wanted nothing to do with that man as much as he didn't want anything to do with her as well.

"Aiyama... come let's eat. It's been rough these past few days. We'll take that rebellious rogue-nin down, I promise." Hashirama pulled her up and hugged her. She didn't flinch nor hug back. Aiyama closed her eyes as she smelled his oak scent. A few tears still manage to slip from her eyes.