chapter 40

• Dedicated to Sharon Senior

 Hey everyone, thanks for reading, hope this is ok for you all please comment and let me know, please vote :) i will keep trying to upload faster (children and work allowing) x

Chapter 40

Abby’s Pov

My heart jumped into my throat as I felt bile rise when I saw what my baby had become, what she’d turned into. I knew it wasn’t her fault, it wasn’t Flynn’s fault either, and I could hardly blame him for hating her like he did. I knew what she had done to him, I knew everything even if my kids didn’t realise I did. I also saw how much he was trying to be civil to her for Harley’s sake, so when he snapped when she started I knew there was nothing I could do.

They had never got along, even as kids Flynn had kept his distance always being near the boys and Harley I could see the jealousy bubbling up inside my youngest daughter that she wasn’t the center of attention from him, as they had gotten older her jealousy grew, now I don’t think for a minute that she wanted Flynn I just think knowing what I know now, that she was fighting this monster. I don’t think she wanted him I just think she didn’t want Harley to have him.

Even if we managed to somehow fix everything that had happened, if we managed to find a way to help Harry and Harley not be as connected, so they could each have their own lives, if we managed to help Hayden control and love herself and what she was, if we somehow managed to be able to let Carter have a normal life with her, if Logan managed to bring Frankie out of herself and help her through everything she’d been through to tell her he was her mate and if we could get my grandchildren out into the world completely safe and sound it wouldn’t matter, this woman would still be hanging over my life, my kids’ lives, my grandchildren’s lives. There would be unresolved hatred, anger, and fear between them all. Nothing would ever be the same again.

I saw her personality completely leave her as if a switch had been flipped and in that moment she changed, changed to this animal that I had to find and turn back into my little girl. Yes I knew I’d been pushing her not telling her where Carter was and what would happen but in all honesty I didn’t know what was going to happen to him. Don’t get me wrong I had mixed feelings for the boy and as an Alpha I knew he had no choice to do what he did. I knew he was trying to save his sister and the fact I knew just how my mother did things and how ruthless she was I knew he couldn’t do anything other than what he told her to do and let me honest the amount he had suffered not only from the beatings in those dreadful cells my Harley was but also from Milo Dan and Ryder. This was when the mother in me kicked in, the emotional, angry, worried mother who wanted her family back.

Those first few days they held him, when no one knew if the twins would survive I knew what they were doing to him, I gave them all the authority in the world to do what they needed to get the answers we needed and I have no regrets we did what we had to do to find out what we needed. But then seeing Hayden so in love with him, needing to see him snapped me from my rage and making my cool headed Alpha take over again.

It didn’t matter what I wanted to do to him it wasn’t my place. Everything that had happened had happened to Harley and if anyone was to pass judgment and punishment on him it was only fair my daughter would do it. The problem I had now was the fact that putting off talking to her had wound Hayden up to the point to where we were now.

I couldn’t just blurt it out and ask Harley what she wanted to do. She had been through so much already and still was. She was so scared, so worried that the evil creature I brought into their lives would come back that I couldn’t just come out and ask her. I couldn’t put that on her, well until now, now I had no choice. As soon as Milo and Dan had Carter somewhere safe and unknown I would have to ask her what she wanted to do.