Chapter 13

Hey everyone, thanks for reading, this chapter follows on in Grants pov so i hope its all ok, for all of you that havent read the book before this Into the Moon, hes from then. its all in his pov and some old faces will pop up. Hope you all like it please let me know.

as always comment vote and fan and please tell me what you think

thanks guys

leighxxx 

Chapter 13

Alpha Grant Storm’s Pov

I honestly thought my heart stopped beating, surely I was hearing things. That woman couldn’t have escaped I can’t be that unlucky as to let the deranged mother of the most powerful Alpha in probably the world escape. Don’t get me wrong over the years she’d made hundreds of attempts to escape either by herself of with the help of her followers, well hers and his but thankfully over these last say two or three years she’d not even tried.

I mean come on the woman was knocking on, she was fifty four I thought she’d realised that she wasn’t going to get anywhere. Don’t get me wrong yeah I was the same age, Seth too but we were shifters, we aged well, we didn’t get ill and stayed in our peek long into our old age but Evie, no she was human. Every time I saw her she looked older, more frail, her body anyway I had no doubt in my head that her mind was still as switched on and deranged in fact I suspected more so after having seventeen years to stew on any plan or thoughts of revenge for her daughter.

Oh crap, Abby when I figured out what had actually gone on I’d have to tell her and that wasn’t going to end well. I knew she thought this would happen hence all her kids having guards twenty four seven. She knew her mom, she knew what she was capable of, let’s just say she wouldn’t be happy when we had that conversation but first I needed to find out what had happened. Why now, and if I find out any one of my pack helped her I swear to god I will be that last sight they will ever see.

“Grant” Alyssa said gripping my arm snapping me out of my head making me realised I was stood frozen to the spot, I’d not even answered the guard back in my head

“Hold on Lysa” I said holding my hand up

#What do you mean she’s gone# I said to the voice that had just given me the news I’d dreaded from the second we’d been charged with guarding her

#She’s gone, there’s no sign of struggle, the guards must have been working for her# he said his voice panicking

I couldn’t help it I let out a loud growl, Alyssa not even flinching just stood looking at me with concern. How could they have been working for her, I thought we’d sorted all the traitors out, how wrong I was.

“Grant what’s going on” she asked sternly raising her eyebrows wanting an answer, she might look sweet and have an amazing baby face for a thirty three year old but everyone who knew her knew that was bull. She was like her brothers, like her dad, everyone knew when she meant business she really meant it.

“Evie Grace has escaped” I snarled, her face dropping quickly being replaced with a look of pure anger

“Let’s go” she said taking charge like she often did, I might be Alpha but I have to say Lysa did most of the running about now, it wasn’t that I didn’t want to do it just that she liked to so I kind of let her do what she wanted within reason.

“My thoughts exactly” I said nodding towards the door and walking through it as my Beta followed behind me all the way through the house and past her mom and dads.

“Lysa, get your dad and meet me at the cells” I said nodding my head towards the house next door to mine, nodding back she set of up the drive into her childhood house, Annie still lived at home with Seth and Celine but Alyssa had moved out a good few years ago, she lived a bit further down with two of her friends.  I watched as she went into the house and closed the door, setting off into the trees and towards the cells I heard all mighty growl and a door break off its hinges making me cringe slightly.