Chapter 18

Chapter 18

       I bumped into Will and stared him in the eyes before saying, “Guard Oaks.”

       “Princess Sapphire,” he said, keeping his voice even; but his eyes were pleading for forgiveness.

       “Come,” I ordered before hurrying down the hall, looking for a servant. I reached the entrance hall, surprised that no one was there. I glanced around and heard laughter coming from the stairs; so I turned and found Peter descending. “Prince Peter,” I greeted with a curtsy.

       “O my lovely Princess Sapphire! How are you today?” Peter sang as he wobbled over to me and wrapped his arms around me.

       “You have been drinking again,” I muttered as I pushed him off.

       “Of course, my dear. I was celebrating your arrival,” he lied as he grabbed my hands. “Now give me a kiss.” I leaned in and allowed him to peck my lips. “Lovely.”

       “Will you please…Stop Drinking?” I asked, forcing power into the last two words.

       “Stop drinking…” he muttered with glassy eyes as he glanced away. “Well, of course, for another kiss.”

       “Not now…I must prepare for our big day…” I replied angrily as I started away from him.

       “See you later my love,” he yelled as I slipped away.