Chapter 11

Chapter 11

       He gentely pushed on my back as we slowly stepped down the hall. I slipped once, but he held me steady. He helped me onto her bed with a delighted smile. “Now go get my sister,” I told as I glanced at my leg, seeing the blood stain my pants.

       “But I thought that she was in here,” he commented confused, looking around quick.

       “She is in there,” I told as I pointed to the open bathroom door. “Please hurry with getting her.”

       “Actually just stay there. I’m right here. Mom warned me about this; so I was getting ready,” Ruby commented as she strolled gracefully out of the bathroom, her arms ladened with stuff. “Guard William, pull up that chair. She needs to elevate her leg.” He dragged it slowly, creating a horrible screeching noise. “ Pick it up and carry it… You are strong, right?”

       He lifted it easily and placed it before me; then I groaned as I managed to lift my leg just high enough to rest on it. “I’m sorry, my princess,” he stated with a bow as Ruby eyed him.

       “Sit beside me please,” I cried, tears pouring down my cheeks as my sister ripped my pants leg and began to wash the cut.

       “Sapphire, he should really leave…You know why…” Ruby whispered urgently as she nodded towards my arm.

       “Will stays and he knows any how,” I snapped as I squeezed his hand, leeting my pain ease into him. His hip rested next to mine and his right arm around me as I held his left hand. I glanced at him as my sister glared at me. “I didn’t tell him…he saw it this morning!”

       “Fine,” she hissed as she threaded her needle before poking it through my skin. I screamed as she laced up my gash and tied it off. “All done. Just take it easy.” She carefully gathered her supplies, not looking at us. “Please help her to her room and I will be there in a minute to help her pack.”