Chapter 1

Influx

       Chapter 1

       Everyone was different in some way, but here we were super different. Everyone has some sort of power; well, everyone but me so far it seemed. People normally got their powers on their eighteenth birthday; so I guess that is the only reason I didn’t have any yet.

       My sister, on the other hand, was only sixteen and her powers had already appeared as a Med or the Healer. I was extremely jealous of my sis, Ruby Lynn. Her red eyes were always carefully studying every aspect of herbs or mortal bodies. Her hair was cut short, but it was blond like mine and her royal crown rested nicely on her head.

       Yes, I’m Princess Sapphire Lynn and like my name, my eyes are blue. I had allowed my hair to grow longer like my mother, Queen Ema Lynn. She has mind-sight, making her a Seer.

       I wanted to be marked as a Warrior, which my father was famous as. There were six groups of power total and each placed their own mark on you, when your power showed. Ruby had a herb leaf drawn onto her right wrist. My mother had the star, while my father had the double knives. I dreamed to have the double knives drawn into my own skin.

       I slowly rubbed my right wrist as I stared at myself in a tall mirror. I glanced over my floor-length dress, making sure to smooth out the wrinkles. I hated this dress, but tonight was my birthday party. We had always held my party the night before because my powers could appear at any time on my birthday.

       I strolled through my bedroom door and down the hallway. I didn’t want this party, but my mother insisted on throwing me one still.

       “Sapi wait!” yelled a Warrior as he ran up the hall towards me. I stopped, turned around, and smiled. “You look beautiful, Princess.”

       “Why thank you, Will,” I blushed as I curtsied, making my crown fall off.

       “May I walk you to your part?” he asked as held out his arm after placing the crown upon my head.

       I hooked it gracefully as I told, “Just to the stairs; otherwise, my mother will kill us.” I allowed myself a little giggle as he looked shocked. “Like you didn’t know.”

       “Of course I knew that,” he chuckled, blushing slightly. “Shall we go?” I nodded and we hurried to the throne room.