Chapter 7

Chapter 7

       Her room was arranged like mine, except all my stuff was blue and her red. She dragged me into the bathroom filled with stuff of pink hues, where mine was like all blue hues. She pushed me onto a couch covered with pillows shaped like hearts. She began throwing things out of a box; so soon different herbs, powders, and potions piled around me. “AHA!” she screamed delighted as she pulled out a jar of pink goop. “Hold out your arm. You will have to reapply about every week.” She smothered it from my wrist all the way to my elbow, making it cover equally. She placed it into my left hand before digging in the box again.

       “Aren't you done?” I questioned as she pulled out a sharp stick, a paint brush, and some black dye. She placed everything onto the floor before going to the sink and scrubbing her palms clean.

       “No, I must give you a mark,” she replied as she dipped the sharp stick into the black dye.

       “A Warrior one?” I begged as I held it out eagerly.

       “It will be difficult, but not impossible,” she laughed as she slowly etched the double knives, leaving its black print. “This you will have to learn to do yourself too.” After the etch was done, she went over it carefully with the paintbrush.

       “Can't you come with me?” I inquired almost pleading as I checked over it. The mark I always wanted, that I should have had was now mine; but it was a trick and I couldn't even believe it myself.

       “Maybe, I will talk to our parents. You should make it look like it is yours for real. Go out to the field; then tonight you will leave,” she answered as she cleaned up her supplies.

       “Fine, I'll go; but you must promise to talk to them,” I told standing and taking a few steps towards the door. “You promise?”

       “Sure, just go,” she ordered, waving at me.