Chapter 12

Chapter 12

       He stood and I went to too, but he held me down before quickly sweeping me into his arms. When I was younger, I used to imagine Will doing this; but now that he was, I couldn’t breathe. I extremely liked him, but none of that mattered because I was engaged; so unlike how I imagined it, when he put me down, I didn’t end it with a kiss of thanks. I smiled sadly as he carefully placed me among my favorite pillows before staring into my eyes and asking, “Is this good, Sapi?”

       “Yes very,” I muttered as he moved his hands, so one each ended on my legs. He was leaning over me, his face so close to mine that I could smell his breath.

       “I’m sorry that you got hurt,” he whispered as he swung his legs up onto the bed.

       “Not ur fau…” I started, but his lips rushed into mine, stopping my words. He pressed harder as in to drink me in and then I surprised myself by hooking my arms around his neck and kissing him back. After about a minute, I reluntally pushed back, gasping for air. “That was…”

       “Awesome…” he finished before sliding off and moving a little away. “I’m sorry, my princess. I know about your engagement and everything, but I just had to before you left.”

       “Engaged…oh yes…that is what I’m packing for…” I mumbled as I went to get up, but he rushed back over to stop me. “Will…I’m fine…I really need to start before I leave tomorrow…” He stares at me with a gapping jaw, wide eyes, and his slow breathing. He leaned in and pressed one more kiss to my lips ever so lightly. “Will! I’m getting married in two weeks! Stop that!”

       “I…I thought you had two years…” he gasped as he backed up, allowing me enough room to stand.

       “Me too, but plans change,” I sighed as I walked over to the oak wardrobe and slowly opened its carved doors. “I’m sorry, Will.”

       “It’s no problem, my princess,” he mumbled sadly.