Chapter 9

Chapter 9

       I wanted to take back what I had said as soon as he spoke, but no one had realized what had happened. I stepped to the side, watching him copy my move. This duel would prove hard for he was stronger than me, but I had to show that I was a Warrior. I stepped forward and attacked towards his left wrist, but he easily parried my attempt. He followed through with a side swipe to my legs, which I countered by blocking and stabbing back. He hollowed out just to be missed, but I was already coming back with another strike to his right arm. It landed nicely just below just shoulder, slicing his uniform and the top layer of skin. He swung at my neck; so I ducked, but then he brought his sword back in a low sweep. It caught my leg a little below the knee and I felt the skin get cut. I groaned before swinging randomly. He couldn’t keep up with my attacks, which made him back up till he fell on his backside. “Give up?” I asked proudly, but I tried to hide my smile as I held the tip of my sword at his throat.

       “Yes, my princess. You may have the spot,” he replied meekly; so I moved my sword and held out my hand.

       He grabbed it tightly and I used every ounce of strength to pull him to his feet. “Good fight,” I told quickly before turning towards the captain. “Sir, I will be leaving soon to prepare for my wedding. I shall need guards that are well trained. Please make sure to include Guard William Oaks and Guard James night in that group. Got it?”

       “Yes, of course, my princess,” the captain replied a little taken back at who I specified.

       “Very good,” I said before starting towards the castle, keeping a steady gait. As soon as I was out of view, I allowed myself to limp, cursing myself for letting him to get a lucky shot.