Chapter 14

Chapter 14

       I quickly stripped out of my torn pants and filthy shirt before climbing in under the water, rinsing away my shame. I dried off by myself and undid my braid, making my hair lay on my back in little waves. I kept my towel wrapped around my chest as I entered my room. Carefully holding the towel up with one hand, I opened the wardrobe with the other hand and pulled out a lime green dress. It was strapless and reached the floor, while spirals delicately covered it. I laid it on the bed before slipping into some underclothes and grabbing my chest wrap from the closet. Taking my time to make sure my chest wrap was tight, it was a good couple minutes before pulling the dress over my head and watch it settle around my curves.

       I glided back into the bathroom and glanced over the jewelry that I hadn’t packed. I grabbed a emerald necklace and some pearl earrings before slipping them on. I scanned the remaining tiaras and choose the one with emeralds; then I carefully placed it on my head. I added green slippers to my outfit before spinning in front of a reflective glass.

       I glided out of my room, feeling like that I could actually be a proper princess that my parents dreamed of. I made my way across the woven rugs to the dining room, while nodding at the guards as I passed. There was a lot more than usual, but I shrugged it off to it being because of my wedding.