Chapter 13

Chapter 13

       My bedroom door burst open and my sister strode in, looking like a proper princess that she was. “Hello Princess Ruby,” Will said as he bowed quickly before moving to stand beside the door, while she barely nodded at him as she made her way to beside me.

       “Now let me see what you have been choosing,” Ruby ordered as she took the dresses from my arms. She spread them out over the bed and scanned each one carefully, which took a while since there was about ten of them. “All very good…” She turned to face me, barely glancing at my right wrist. “Don’t rub it. Now come on and pick out to match.” She hit me lightly on the butt before pushing me into the bathroom.

       I carefully picked up a few pieces before placing them in my travel box. I held my princess for a good five minutes before finally adding it to the box. “Done?” I asked impatiently.

       “Yes done. Now change, dinner will be ready soon,” she muttered angrily before leaving me alone.

       I sank to my knees and just cried. My sobs echoing in the room, making my makeup running down my face. Running footsteps made me turn my face to the wall. “Go away,” I cried as I stared at the tile floor.

       “Sapi, please don’t cry,” Will pleaded as he put his strong arm around me. I will him mentally to do more, to kiss me again; but I knew that was wrong. I was a bride-to-be and he was a guard, nothing more could happen between us; so I yanked away and slowly got to my feet. “Sapi, I’m sorry about earlier…I thought…”

       “Guard William, I think that from here on, we should keep everything to a profession level,” I cried, backing away. His arm reached out to me, urging me closer. “I’m sorry if I ever made you think that anything could happen between us.”

       “Run away with me…Please Sapi…” he pleaded, steping closer with every word. “We can be together. We just have to leave.” He grabbed my hand and squeezed it gentely.

       “I can’t. I have a duty. Go William,” I said, letting my power control my words a little. I didn’t want to do it to him of all people, but I neede some alone time.

       “I’ll go,” he muttered before exiting quickly. His smile replaced by a frown and his eyes glazed over. With all of that, it took everything I had not to shout for him to come back.