Chapter 36

Author's Note:

I released this chapter earlier on the week, however I decided to take it down as it only had a small section and after some consideration, I wanted to re-uploaded with a bit more added so that it would speed it a long a bit.

For those who managed to read it before it got taken down, that section remains the same for now. I don't have plans to change it, just a basic edit of the whole chapter maybe tomorrow or the day after... or on the weekend :)

Let me know what you're thinking, cheers!

Happy reading!

Suz
X

_____~s2~s2~s2~____

C h a p t e r    T H I R T Y - S I X

[rough draft]

I stood up in my seat, the chair behind me scrapes audibly.

"Yes darling? I'll be open to questions after I finish explaining this section so please hold on till then," Mrs Yan announces with a ruler one hand pointed to the map whilst thirty heads turn towards me.

I make my way towards the door.

"Miss Harper where do you think you're going?! I have not excused you!" Mrs Yan calls out. I ignore her.

"Get back to your seat this instant, I demand you!" Her voice yelled out angrier and louder as I break away, running now, anticipation in me growing. "You will be having a word with the principal Harper!"

I didn't know what overcame me to defy the teacher's instructions, I had never acted this way  on impulse before. But what was driving me was the thought of those eyes.
I knew I to go there and find him now, it would be my last chance before he left.

I didn't even know where he was going, why he was going, or for how long?
Would this be the last time we get to see each other?
It couldn't end like this.

With those things swirling in my mind, I ran as fast as I could to the English corridor.

The moment I made it to the other half of the school campus, I stormed through his classroom door, slamming it open without a care if I was disturbing a class inside.
I had to see that cursed face of his. It was haunting me in my nightmares.

Mr Green looked startled as he stood packing away what appeared to be some of his belongings into a box on his desk.
The room was empty besides us.

"Rose, what are you doing here?" His eyes were wide in surprised before a frown appeared.

My heart ached.
Why did he look at me as if I was the last person he was expecting? I pushed the feeling away and proceeded forth, mustering up all the pent up feelings that had been left festering for so long. Finally they could be addressed.

I prayed for an outcome so that I could finally get a decent nights sleep - One that would allow the both of us to let go of the animosity in our hearts.

"Where have you been?!" I demanded, slamming the door shut behind me. I marched over to his desk out of breath from the run.

I peered down angrily at the box of things he was preoccupied with. Inside was the recommended books he always had on display for us to read, a bunch of files and most noteworthy of all was the pineapple coffee mug he drank from everyday in class. My suspicions grew wary.
So, he really was planning on leaving huh?

"Where are you going?" I flickered my eyes sharply towards him, my tone was curt.

"I-I..."
Mr Green opens his mouth for a bit before shutting them tight, his jaw tensing as he looked away. He sighs and steps a way from his desk, running a hand through his delicate hair.