Chapter 5: Stairs

Don't forget to vote if you enjoy this :) It really does help me out.

___~❤~s2~❤~__

C h a p t e r F i v e

"Rose, breathe... In and out. That's it... In and out. There, that's better. If there's something wrong, with anything; with school, with me, with anybody, please, you can tell me. I'll try my best to help you. You can trust me." His voice was laced with what sounded like to me faked concern.

Okay, that one was very convincing, if I stayed any longer I'm sure that I will start to believe him.

His grip on my arms was firm and burnt like coal as he tried to search for my eyes without success. I couldn't look back into those blinding blue eyes while he was staring so intently. If I did, I would not be able to crawl out. And what would I have done then?

My vision was going patchy, I was on the verge of fainting. I could feel it.
I had to get out of here.

I took slow steady breaths and tried to move away. His strong grip was preventing me from wriggling away. Oh my gosh... he's trying to keep me here! I have to throw him off the hook...

Think, THINK! I urged myself desperately.

I took a deep breath and finally met his eyes. "Sorry, I hadn't really slept much last night and the night before and haven't had time to eat," I replied breathlessly with a very shaky voice. "I-I'm anemic so I just feel a little lightheaded."

It was somewhat true, I was still slightly anemic due to years of being underweight, but in reality it was barely a problem now as Mum had been taking care of my nutrition. I just need to come up with something convincing, otherwise, I would never volunteer any information about myself to this predator.

He looked at me with worried eyes. Come on... Buy it, I bit my lip.

It was a moment before he replied slowly. "Yes, I remember reading about it on your medical file but are you sure that's all that's wrong? I mean it seems like something more–"

I knew it, he was keeping tabs! The stalker!

"Yes! And I'm sorry but I really have to go, I've got... a doctor's appointment"

"Wait, Rose. One second–"

"I'm sorry but I really can't miss it! I'll see you later Mr. Green!" I sent him a wink that made me double over with disgust in myself. I'd seen plenty of other girls and teachers even, wink at him in class and in the hallways but I bet I was the absolute last person he'd expect to see it from.

Nonetheless, it worked too well. It threw him off guard and that was all that mattered at that point. His grip loosened briefly and I was able to break free, running out straight into the girl's bathroom, barely making it just as I got sick into the toilet bowl. 

I slumped down on the cubical wall, tears started to flow. My breath was shallow and my heart was beating out of my chest. I hadn't felt like this for years. This amount of paranoia, this amount of instability, it infringed on me like an old familiar but toxic friend.

I hadn't felt so frightened in such a long time to the point I became physically ill... It seemed I was yet to even make a few steps forward in progress before falling back down. 

I wrecked my mind questioning why these symptoms were returning. I was angry at myself as I cried. 
I was doing so well! I was doing soo good for months!

Why is it that I seem to be a lot worse off around Mr. Green? Why now? Especially when we were alone? And we're gonna be even more alone during Piano lessons at his house!