Chapter 10: Photo with the Idol

*NOTE* Banner Credit: Thank you Babydoll001 for the awesome banner! My first fan-banner ever! YAAY :D 
EDIT: (This was uploaded years ago and didn't have the watermark. Unfortunately I don't have the original anymore).

~🖤~~🖤~~🖤~

C h a p t e r    T e n

The clock ticked loudly behind me. The crowds in the corridor were noisy, but no one else came in. It was just the three of us in the room.

Cassie was perched like a peacock in her usual spot up the front, setting up all her pens in neat rows, while I sunk into my seat at the back. At least I wasn't alone with Mr. Green, so there was that I had to be grateful to Cassie for. 

I felt Mr. Green's eyes wander to me, and I stop tapping my feet subconsciously. He raised his brows questioningly. However instead of looking away, this time I stared back with even wider eyes, my therapist's words replaying in my mind 'consciously work on breaking the cycle'.

I was going to stare him down until he felt uncomfortable. Then maybe, he would finally stop bugging me.

The corners of Mr. Green's lip tugged upwards silently, revealing his perfectly straight teeth. I felt my cheeks heating up instantly. On the other hand... I don't think I was strong enough yet. I quickly averted my eyes away, suddenly remembering that we had homework to hand in, and busied myself with digging through my bag to find them. 

Cassie stared between the two of us, frustrated that she wasn't receiving any attention, and decided to force some small-talk. "So, Jasper. What are your hobbies?"

I tried not to pay attention to their conversation and instead read over my media analysis, holding the paper up to shield my face so that I didn't have to look at them. If only everyone else would turn up to class already so I wouldn't have to listen to the drab I knew was coming.

"Mmm, why do you ask?" His deep voice channeled across the room.

"Oh, I'm just wondering, Jasp. I figured I should get to know you more — you being my teacher and all. Just a natural curiosity, you see. I like trying to figure people out," Cassie replied hoarsely, her voice suddenly deeper, more sensual. I choked back my own spit to stop myself from laughing while maintaining my eyes fixed on my notes.

"Well, in that case, why don't you have a guess?"

Cassie stirred on the spot, pretending to be in a little dilemma. "Hmm, in that case... You look like you're a sporty guy. You watch golf?"

Mr. Green made a noise, somewhat agreeing yet disagreeing."Eh,  footy's more my thing."

"Oh... then I bet you like things like going on wine tours and cruises! No? Okay, then helicopter rides? Collecting antiques? Car shows?"
Mr. Green made buzzer noises at each wrong suggestion. 

I rolled my eyes. Could Cassie be any further off? Her suggestions made it seem like Mr. Green was a subscriber of Lifestyle's Magazines for old and rich retirees. Props to Cassie though, she continued on without being discouraged.

"Ah, then... how about music and dance? I bet you like going to the theatre to watch ballet and broadway shows. Melbourne is such a classy city, there are always a ton of amazing shows going on. Like Swan Lake, and The Nut Cracker. I absolutely love it here!"

"Yes..." He replied slowly, "I like music. Well done, you guessed something right."
I could sense his thoughts on the way the snail-paced conversation was going and almost felt pity for him. The bell should be ringing any minute now. My ears were also suffering here.

Cassie was totally oblivious.

"Oh great, me too. I absolutely lovee music. I'll have to you know, I'm also the cheer captain of the school. There aren't many cheer teams in Australian schools, so it's quite a prestigious position to be in.

"Anyway, I have to choose the music we dance to, not to mention choreograph all the moves to match the beat. It's not that easy to come up with a catchy routine that fits perfectly to the song. My Aunt's a singer, so luckily I think being musically inclined just happens to run in the family blood. Not everybody's born with an ear for music, I think others would suffer if they had to do what I have to."