Chapter 6: B Minus

The closest image to what I had envisioned Mr Green's piano study to look like. Except with with light cream walls. Now that I have an iPad, I might draw it one day and post it. ^^ 

~❤~

C h a p t e r S i x

I glanced at my watch, then hopped off the bus relieved to be off. I was silently thankful that I was going to be on time today. Treading leisurely on my stroll to Mr. Green's house, I resumed the song on my earpods and set off.

It was hardly a stressful matter, seeing as I, (unlike yesterday) now knew exactly where to go. The trip should take roughly seven minutes or so.

Things were feeling good. This must've been my lucky break, it was about time I had some good things go my way. If I just turned at the last corner, and head up this hill street for about 500 meters, then round the other bend, I'd be there all fine and dandy, and he'd have nothing to say about it.

Though I did fancy turning left to chill at the park across the street.  Yeah, chill for two hours and skip the lesson entirely. Gosh, imagine seeing his face when I don't turn up.
Sigh... I looked sadly away from the park as I passed. 

I was still very nervous.

Earphones in, eyes closed, I listened to my "calming down" song, humming to the tune whilst slaughtering upwards the slope. It seemed, walking up this damning hill was to be another regiment of my weekly exercise. Reluctantly, I must agree it would even get Mum off my back about being more active. 

"Look out!" the little words bleed through the song.
I frowned and stopped walking.
Huh, that's strange. I'm sure this was one of my most played on the playlist, I wondered why I'd only heard that bit until now. 

"Help me! I can't stop it!"

I flung my eyes open and just in time to see a young kid around on a small bike heading my way! His eyes were white and bright with his blonde locks flying behind him; a testament to the speed he was traveling. He was screaming now at the top of his lungs.

I barely managed to sidestep in time to avoid collision as the kid whizzed past, missing me by just an inch, my eyes trailed him.

"Help me! It-It's not stopping!" He cried out to me in panic down the hill. 
A car was soon approaching at the bottom of the street. Shit!

I dropped my bag onto the lawn it was and ran down after him as fast as I could. If I didn't get to that kid soon, he might fall into the oncoming vehicle!
I picked up my pace and chased the kid down the hill, becoming increasingly worried.

Adrenaline rushed through my veins as I ran. I was trying my hardest but couldn't catch up! As the car turned up the street, I screamed in absolute terror as I watched the handles of the little boy's bike wobbling left to right! No!

With the bike so close in front of me, yet out of reach, I prayed for a miracle.
Luckily, the boy managed to somehow top over away from the road, falling onto the grass of the house at the bottom. It happened just in time as the car zoomed past, beeping loudly in our ears.

"OI! Get off the bloody road you fucking shitbags!!!" The driver huffed, barely stopping to deliver his speech. He sped off without casting a thought to see if the boy was hurt or not.

I fell onto the grass after the kid, my chest rising and falling rapidly. My body shaking from sudden exhaustion and nerves, but feeling extremely thankful to see the that the little boy was okay.

"OOF!"
A sudden groan from my mouth escaped. Elbows in the face were not the most pleasant. The kid had pounced on top of me and was now howling loudly into my neck.