Chapter 29: TV & Supply Closets

Okay so how cute is this girl in the picture? She is  one of the closest to a "Rose" that I found over the years. How do you guys feel about it? I'm curious to see what person you have been imagining Rose to be all this time~ Drop them here and I'll google them for fun. hehe <3

~❤︎~~❤︎~~❤︎~

Lol it wasn't Mr Green at the door :P Though originally it was meant to be. I'll make up for it below.

C h a p t e r T w e n t y N i n e

"Howww's my favourite sister in the world?"

A strange man with a thick brown beard calls out once the door opens. Odd, it sounded a lot like...

"TOM!" I yelled, leaping into his arm before taking a step back to have a good look at him. "I almost didn't recognise you! What the heck is going on with your face, is that a freaking b-beard?"

"Aw what, what's wrong with me beard?" He defends whilst stroking it as if you would a cat.

"I didn't say nuthing," I replied innocently before reaching out to touch it myself. It was scraggly and sort of reminded me of Dad's, only it had a lot less grey hair in it and felt a lot softer. It'd only been about a month since I last saw him but you would've thought that he was an ex shipmate stranded on a deserted island for years with the length of that thing.

"See, it's a nice and soft kitty." He admired. 

"A Kitty?" I make a face at his comment. "Ew, tell me again how are you are still so weird."

"Hey! Em likes it okay too," my brother exclaims loudly and signals his head behind him.  He steps aside and his girlfriend pops out from his shadows. She'd been hiding behind him the whole time!

Emily totted forward slowly unsteadily, her legs trembling like jelly as she does so whilst Tom brings his arms around her shoulders to help steady her.

"Emily! Wow, what?! How are you?!" I call out, stunned to see her actually standing! The last I saw her was after we helped Tom move into her apartment. She'd been bound to a wheelchair and unable to feel anything from the waist down. 

We embrace each other tightly.

"I'm doing good! See I can walk now!" She replies, daringly letting go of Tom. She stood on her own two feet for a short second before wobbling again like leaning back onto him before adding, "well sorta."

We all laugh.

"Anyway, I'm surprised you haven't noticed." Tom questions. 

"Noticed what?" Obviously I witnessed her standing on her two legs, what else was there besides the unsightly scraggly beard of his? 

"You're not... pregnant are you?" I looked at her in that condition. Damn

"NO!" Emily chortled loudly at that and at that point decided to stick her hands out in front of me. A big fat shiny rock stood from her finger.

"Oh my god Em!!! Is this true?" I almost screamed. She nodded proudly.
"Congratulations you two!!! What, when?!"

"Uh-uh wait a minute, at least invite us in to sit first Rose" Tom butts in. "Em can still barely stand you dummy. Here, help me keep the door open while I help Em in."

"Oh, oops! Yes, I suppose I should, sorry guys! " I fumbled before quickly pushing door open to let them pass. 

-

I'd just finished listening to the recount of how Tom had proposed. Apparently Emily thought he had been joking when he said that he would ask her to marry her the day she takes her first steps again. Little did she know, Tom had already bought a ring a few months ago and he wasn't kidding at all!