Chapter 22: Unhappy

C h a p t e r    T w e n t y   T w o

 I felt a lump in my throat and a phantom pain forming deep within my chest as I watched Lea push her tongue deeper into Mr. Green's mouth.  She gripped onto his hair, pulling him close to her as she latched on tightly. I couldn't turn away, and even if were only a few seconds, to me it felt like eternity. Like time had frozen in place while you watched someone you looked up to and idolised for so long be in the arms of someone you've come to be so familiar with. It came as a complete shock, and it hurt. God, why did it hurt? 

I vaguely registered someone turning up by my side but couldn't advert my eyes away from the disaster in front of me.

Jane panted as if she'd just ran a mile as she spoke. "Hey Rose, Mrs. Collins just asked me to pick this paper from the printer, I'm gonna go pick it up..." 

But I could barely hear because – What the hell... She's swirling her tongue around!

 "Uh, Rose? What are you looking at... WHOA! Holy f–" Jane's eyes widen as she looked to the pair whom Cassie, Annie and I had been staring at.

Suddenly out of nowhere, Cassie's mobile rang. he ringtone echoed down the hallway, snatching away everybody's attention and Lea and Mr. Green hastily broke it off, looking completely like deer in headlights. As she went to grab it out of her pocket and accidentally drops it onto the floor with a loud

BANG!

And all three of us jumped back frightened as we'd been caught spying in on the intimate moment. 

"Crap! Crap!" Cassie hissed as she swiftly picked up her phone and tapped furiously at the screen with her half inch nails to quickly reject the call. But of course that it was nearly impossible to click the button with the length of her extended phalanges. Finally she manages to press the button successfully, putting an end to the noise that had been blasting out.

"Oh my god, this is so embarrassing. I felt like we shouldn't have been watching." Annie whispered to us as they straighten themselves up and made their way over slowly. Lea was taking Mr. Green's hands, tugging him along though I tore my eyes away quickly before they arrived and stared down at my feet instead. A burning feeling rose up my face. 

"Hey, everyone!" Lea smiled and strutted forward to us enthusiastically and totally unashamed at the PDA show thirty seconds ago.  "Oh you must be Annie! Nice to meet you, I'm Lea."
I could hear Annie gasping with star struck as Lea leaned down to give her a hug. 

 Mr. Green appeared stiffly besides her. Without even looking, I could feel his tall and silent presence looming above us. It was intoxicating and knocked on my mind until all my thoughts were on him. Soon everybody's voice drowned out of my ears and my head started to throb.  Every inch of the fibres in my body were alive and drawn towards him, wanting to inch forward and touch the warmth of his skin that I had grown use to.

Is he doing okay? Where has he been? Did he eat the breakfast I made him? Why had he not made any contact? I wanted to ask all these things.

Did he know how worried I had been?
Did he even care?

Obviously not. 

Reality loomed in and it was as if a mirror shattered. The Jasper in front of me felt somewhat untouchable or unapproachable again like he had been when I first met him. Mysterious once more, he was obviously taken by someone else. Someone more beautiful, smart, successful and more amazing than anything I could ever amount to. It wasn't that I wanted to be with him, but the memories of our intimate touch felt so real. It made me so confused. 

Were those touches really all that innocent to him? He must have felt absolutely nothing for me when he held my hands, brushed his fingers on my lips, or embraced me... I swallowed painfully as my throat constricted.  

And he was staring at me right now, I could just tell.
I couldn't dare to look back at him though. Not when my nose was starting to congest, and my eyes starting to itch, almost as if I were going to ... cry? Again for the second time today?