Chapter 4: Rosen

Mr. Green

___~❤~s2~❤~__

C h a p t e r F o u r

"Oh speak of the devil, look who the cat dragged in," Cassie sneered at me from across the car park before turning her back to her pack of followers.
I kept my gaze forward toward the school in an attempt to show her I wasn't interested. No such thing as a lovely stroll in the morning, I sighed to myself. 

I regretted walking the last 15 minutes to school now. It was a part of my new commitment to being healthy. Actually, I lied, Mum's making me walk. Even though I was trying to actually gain weight, she's still making me exercise.

I hear snickering behind me as Cassie, Samantha, Melissa, and a few other girls were engrossed in a full gossip session... 

Who were they undoubtedly talking about? Take a wild guess.

"Yeah and guess what I heard?" someone who was very bad at whispering asked.

"What?" they all chorused together.
Okay, does none of them realize that the main fundamentals of whispering were so that everyone in the parking lot wouldn't be able to overhear their conversation? 

I sighed. Right, let's hear it. What was it this time? Drugs? 

"I heard that since she'd arrived, she had already hooked up with three guys!"

They all gasped in unison.

"Oh my gosh you serious?! Well like I heard Jack saying that his brother saw her at the pub on Johnson street last night. Must've faked her age to get in. My bet was that she was meeting a Sugar Daddy, she's that desperate." Cassie' s distinctively sharp voice rose across the parking lot.

Seriously, what IS her problem? I picked up my pace, fuming.

What the hell was that load of bullshit? Me sleeping with three guys?! Do they even know what they're saying? Hooking up with anyone is far, far from anything I want right now. I can barely even look at a boy without even hyperventilating.

As for the pub? My parents own it, along with the restaurant connected to it. Cassie and Mandy knew that too, those lying prudes! I work part-time at the restaurant at least two times a week.

Last night it got really packed. Some drunk bachelor had crashed into a waiter spilling wine and spaghetti everywhere and there was no one else but me who was free to go and help Matt at the bar to mop up as not only was it a huge mess, it was a big hazard and a liability to my parents! True, I was underage and technically not supposed to be in there, but I didn't go there for the reasons they thought. Not even close.

Jack's brother must've seen me, sure, but Cassie was spinning the story on purpose. 

Arrggghh! I gripped my school bag tightly while gritting my teeth. The sound of a bell rang out almost as if it was from my mind.

That's it! I thought angrily. I've ignored and put up with their crap these past few weeks already. It's about time I set the record straight and get them off my back, especially Cassie.  She's the main source behind all the rumours and bitching.

For example, on Thursday I was chatting with these two very nice girls and when I left I saw them walking off with Cassie. The next day they acted like they didn't know me. Can you believe it?!

I don't understand why she was doing this to me.
I knew I'd hurt her all those years ago as she was my best friend, but surely she wouldn't be doing this just because of that? Would she? No... Maybe? 
I don't know anymore.