Chapter 21: Lea, she's here!

~❤~

C h a p t e r   T w e n t y   O n e

It was Friday morning and the school was really buzzing once the news broke of Lea Worthington and her TV crew coming to our school.

Girl dolled on their make up and adorned their hairs with curls and bows, whilst the guys freshened up with hair gel and a clean shave. Literally overnight, our whole cohort had miraculously transformed from looking like a bunch of angsty sleep deprived zombies to a body of smart looking young members of society. I bet the administrations were wondering why students never bothered to look this good everyday. 

Oh and did I mention all the deodorant in the halls? Lynx Africa – quite possibly the worst scent of all – was the first thing to hit my nose walking in. People must've busted out their Christmas stocking supplies because it reeked. 

Little did everyone know however, that their efforts would be in vain as filming was not going to start today. The crew was only here to sort out some formalities as well as find establishing shots and points of interests that they could use around the school. 

I walked through the front entrance of the administration building and turned into Mrs. Collins office where all of us were meeting. Inside, Adam and Max were busy talking to the camera crew about their equipment whilst Mrs. Collins and a few other school admins were running around getting pots of tea and refreshments out on the table. The bell had rung so most of the students were already in their classrooms and much to everybody's disappointment, no one had seen the legendary Lea Worthington on school territory so far.

At that moment, Jane came in through the door pushing a smiling Annie on her wheelchair. A highly impatient Cassie trailed closely behind them, looking oddly similar to an owl with her big eyes painted extra glittery and a definitely against-school-rules pair of falsies to frame them. 

"Oh my gosh, is she here?! She's here?! Where is she?" She squealed excitedly. Max shook his head and her face crumbled. But it didn't stay unhappy for for long as she lit right up again once she saw two hunky camera guys in the room. 

"Good morning everybody, glad you made it!" Mrs. Collins began, clasping her hands together and scanning the room. "Right it seems everybody is here except Miss Worthington?"

"On the way." The director replied looking at his watch briefly. "She just had a hair appointment which should've been done by now. So, we should expect here to be here very soon if she isn't too... late.

Mrs. Collins continued on, as if without hearing the wariness of the director. "Great, well we shall proceed anyway since she's near. First of all, please film crew, help yourself to some tea and bickies, we've got plenty to go around. Secondly, for the tour around the school, we'll do it in two groups. I think it would be a great idea for the young ones to show the camera guys around since they know the school well, and are up to date with what the other students get up to. They can show you all the great places that could be filmed, especially the media students, Adam and Max, they have an eye for that sort of detail."

"Yes Miss." Adam and Max replied dutifully, nodding proudly.

"Now as for Lea, we'll get –"

"–I'll show Lea around!" Cassie chimed in excitedly, "I know this place like the back of my hand, and I know all the inside scoot too."

"That's uh, quite lovely Cassie. Not quite sure what inside scoot you're talking about that I haven't heard of, but yes, please do show Miss Worthington around when she arrives." She shot Cassie a warning look who seemed oblivious. "Adam and Max, you shall head with the camera crew and the rest of the girls will go with Cassie. I'll be staying with Director Tim to go through with the formal procedures."