Chapter 14: Raindrops. Flooded Carparks.

A picture of our teacher Mr Green, and what he is wearing today. :)

I hope you will enjoy today's upload. Please don't forget to comment and vote! It helps a small writer like me <3

As always, I like to hear any feedback negative/positive. We can work together to make it a better story.

Sussannah

~🖤~~🖤~~🖤~

C h a p t e r    F o u r t e e n

The dreaded Friday morning arrived.
Today, Tom had dropped me off at school early again. I was hanging out in the library, sitting between the shelves and flipping through the pictures of a random book I had grabbed without looking. There were a few other early-comers doing some extra study on the computer. Normally I would be doing the same, rather than wasting my time, but since last night was another late night of cramming and catching up on homework, my brain was already giving out. 

Sitting here and looking through the book only made me miss my bed. After barely four hours of shut eye, I was feeling extra bored and sleepy; I regretted not bringing something else to entertain my brain in the library. It was also far early in the morning, and cold, to persuade me to get up and find a more interesting book.

The late-summer-early-autumn rain had started last night bringing along with it an out of the norm cold front and chill. It was the first cyclone we'd seen this year, and it was already making its presence known.

The whistle of the wind hissed through small cracks, like tight air through a jar, between the glass window frame of the library. The glass everywhere shook with a low vibration with each howl, and I shivered in my spot.

I ran my hands up and down my arm, thankful that I at least brought my school jacket with me. After having some warm spells earlier in the week, I hadn't expected it to be this cold so soon in the year. My legs were riddled with goosebumps, I was left quivering to my bones.
A thick wooly blanket was all that I wished for at this moment, I could just imagine falling asleep in it.

As I leaned back on the shelf behind me with my eyes closed, imagining the book I was hugging was my teddy-bear, I heard the soft chime of the bell that hanged on the library door as someone entered. 

It was common for the bell to ring every few minutes as teachers bustled in and out, photocopying papers, getting reading resources, or doing whatever they could before class started. This time however, I notice the distinct sound of a familiar pair of dress boots tapping along the floor. Instantly I felt nervous. I opened my eyes and turned in the direction of the sound.

A tall, dark-haired, and admittedly, too-handsome-for-the-morning man walked in sporting a grey stylish trench coat. Upon seeing him, I clambered into the back corner between the shelves to hide. I peeked at him in between the bookshelves and I saw that he had an eighth grader kid trailing behind him. Thank god he'dd picked on someone else in the hallways. Poor kid. This fact failed to quell the unsettled feeling in my stomach.

I didn't know why I was avoiding him all of a sudden...

Lie, I do.

It was because today was the cursed day where I was to go with him to his house for piano lessons after school. When I told my parents that, and they thought it was totally fine. Correctionthey felt appreciative that he wasn't canceling my lesson, and that he was willing to take me there so I didn't have to take public transport in this storm.

At this point, I'd so rather the bus than take another car ride with him. But at least Tom was going to pick me up afterward, so I felt better about that.

But still, I had no idea why I was feeling so damn nervous about it. I've been to his house a few times now, I know what it's like. I've sat in his car before and had lessons, nothing was new. Yet it still felt so unnerving.