Chapter 20: Pancakes and TV Shows

Aww look his nose is even red and his eyes a bit puffy. Still handsome as ever though

~❤~

C h a p t e r   T w e n t y

"H-hunger o-over?" I stuttered in a whisper, repeating his words to myself in disbelief. He looked at me with haggard eyes and folded his arms over his chest.

"And hungry." He added softly. 

"And hungry." I repeated in a small whispered to myself again, as if repeating his words would reassured me I was hearing correctly. I turned to him abruptly suddenly overcome with the desire to yank the blanket right off. Was I really freaking out about him when he was hungover all this time?! This jerk!

"I can't help but think that isn't this a bit unprofessional, you have a lesson to teach. You're ten minutes late now! " 

Mr. Green coughed slightly and rubbed his nose. That's right caught, I thought.  
He let out a sigh in defeat and snuggled into the blanket I worked hard to get, looking more like an eskimo buried in snow than my teacher who was meant to be giving me a piano lesson any minute now. 

"Okay" He resigned finally.
After a few more seconds, he propped himself up slowly onto his elbow, moaning like a heavy door as he tried to get up. I rolled my eyes.

He was apparently so weak that he could barely get up before falling back down. Another deep groan escaped his mouth and he attempted a second time to sit up. "Whoa..." he held his head in his hands, looking suddenly really ill. "My head..."

"Stop. Lay down." I instructed him whist rolling my eyes again.  
I sighed myself . Why was I doing this?  I pushed  him back down onto the pillow and adjusted it nicely. "Okay, tell me what ingredients do you have in the kitchen?" 

"Hm?" He asked, closing his eyes tightly against the pillow.

"You heard me."

"Mmmm... I don't know... Some instant rice, mac and cheese, eggggss... milk... tea...." He listed in a lethargic voice that grated my nerves. Knowing that I'd panicked over nothing left me unimpressed. "Some... eggggsss... salt... rosemary..."

"OKAY, okay. I get the picture." I told him curtly. "You just rest a bit more and I'll go make you something. You should have some food in you, it'll help you sober up."

"No no. Don't trouble yourself... just order take out. I'll pay. My wallet–" He fluffed his hands, motioning weakly to the area where his phone was, but then promptly returned his hands to his head with yet another groan. "Ughh...Rose..."  

"Shh... It's alright.  Just sleep for now, you'll be fine." I pressed my palms to his forehead. It was burning up. Looking at Mr. Green, I couldn't help but feel some sympathy towards his state even it was his stupid fault for getting a damn hangover. "I'll get you some water first."

I moved to stand up but out of nowhere he grabs my hand. 
"No, don't go..." He pleaded breathing heavily and heaving a dry cough. The rawness of his throat tugged heavily at my heartstrings and so did his helpless sight. Gosh he was quickly becoming the bane of my existence. 

"I need to go make you something so your stomach isn't empty." 

"No," he groaned pitifully. "Stay..."

Our fingers locked together and he clasped on tight. His hands still weren't nearly as warm as I was used to, perhaps a sign of his truly ailing state. I rubbed circles onto the back of his cold hand with my thumb gently in an attempt to heat them up. The more time went on, the more I started to have the feeling that things were more than a simple hang over. The question as to why he he drank so much plagued my mind. It reminded me of that day when he fell asleep at his desk when he was sick. 

 "Fine, I'll stay." I sighed warily. 

Mr. Green fumbled around on the floor, trying to find a comfortable spot. He  still didn't seem satisfied with my answer.