Lost Dog//Roy Haylock x Reader

Dedicated to Philomena0310   who requested this oneshot! I hope you enjoy it tons!

It all started when I went for my nightly jog, it was around 11pm and the area was quiet, I usually jogged around my neighbourhood and then made my way to the nearby park, I found it was better at night due to the lack of people and cool air. I had pulled on my running outfit and tied my hair into a tight ponytail, I had my phone tucked into the strap of my top and a pair of Bluetooth earphones  were placed in my ears. I had done 2 laps around the neighbourhood then went along the road to the park, I ran a lap of the whole park before I decided to take a break, definitely glad I brought a water bottle with me. I sat down on a bench and quenched my thirst then caught my breath. I heard a small noise, so small I almost missed it, with a confused look on my face I put my head between my legs and look under the bench to see a tiny little dog, it looked a little shaken up but otherwise fine. I gently coaxed it from its hiding spot then scooped it up in my arms, it felt a little chilly so I tucked it inside my hoodie hoping that it would heat the dog up. I had checked the dog for a collar and found one, there was just no tag. On my run around the park I hadn't seen anyone else that could have owned the dog, I chewed on my lip for a moment before deciding to take it back to my house, I knew it'd do no harm to give it some food and proper rest before we try to find its owner. Deciding to leave my run, I take the tiny bundle home.

"Hey tiny, Dont be scared" I coo, trying to calm the jittery dog, it seemed to like me so far, by that I meant that it hadn't bitten me. It wasn't until after I got home that I realised I don't have any dog food, I put the little fur baby on my soft sofa and go to the kitchen, I knew there had to be something here for the little guy... girl... I still had to check. I looked in the fridge and sighed in relief when I saw some cooked chicken breast, I placed it into a dish and set it down on the floor, one filled with water beside it. I go over to see the little bundle curled up on one of my fluffy cushions, I pet its soft fur and talk to it, smiling a little when it looked up at me with its head cocked to the side. I decided I would give the dog a nice bath, just to make sure it was clean and all, didnt want to take any risks after all. I go into the bathroom and run the warm water for a few minutes, once I was sure it wasn't too hot that it would burn the dog I go into the living room and scoop the dog in my arms. It was fine at first but when I went into the bathroom and it saw the full bath it begun to squirm in my arms, I sigh and put it on the floor, making sure to close the door properly to be sure it wouldnt run around and soak my house afterwards. I give it an encouraging pat on the head before coaxing it towards me and gently picking it up, slowly submerging the dog until it was standing in the water. The water wasn't too high but the dog still didnt look happy. I go into my bathroom cabinet and get a smaller towel and a clean face cloth to use for the dog, when i turned back around to wash it i was met with a dogless bath. My eyes travel around the bathroom and I finally spot a ball of fur hiding between the bath and the sink, I chuckle to myself and scoop the damp pup into my arms, i put it back into the bath and thankfully this time it stays put. I dip the facecloth in the water and begin to wash the dog, knowing if I used ay of my own soap or shampoo it may irritate its skin. After washing it as best as I could without dog shampoo I wrap the smallish towel around the tiny dog, amused by how the towel still swallowed the small figure. I take the pup into my bedroom and sit it on my bed, I dry it as best as i can with the towel and watch as it rubs itself on my cover. After glancing at the time to see it was almost 2am I decide to just wait until the morning to find the dogs owner, I switch on my TV and let Friends play, knowing hearing voices may comfort the small dog. I myself went for a quick shower, not wanting to leave the little dog for too long, one reason being I didnt know if it was trained, as I scrubbed myself I decided to lay own some newspaper and hope the little furball didnt shit my floor. After washing myself and my hair I came out of the shower feeling relaxed and ready for bed, I opened the bathroom door and was very surprised to see the teeny dog sitting patiently outside the door. I secure the towel around me and scooped the dog into my arms, it licks my nose making me giggle. This seems to spur it on as it begun to lick all over my face, I laugh and pull my head away in attempt to stop the attack. It seems to understand and stops, burrowing its head under my chin, I scratch behind its ears as I take it into the bedroom whilst I get ready. As I set it down I had a peek and thankfully found out it in fact was a she, well, at least I knew a bit more about my roommate for the night. I begun to pull on my pyjamas, a pair of fluffy pyjamas and some cosy socks, I also twist my damp hair into a neat plait. I put my towel into the washing and turned the electrics in the house off. By the time I had walked back into my room I noticed that the dog had buried herself under my duvet and fell asleep. I chuckled and turned the lamp off, I get into the other side of the bed and close my eyes, falling into a deep sleep afterwards.