Crybaby// Violet x Reader

A/N- Hey! so this is a short, shitty chapter from my other oneshots book which I've unpublished, most of my work is done here and I'd rather have it all in the one place, fyi its not great but meh. 

I fold my arms over my books and close my locker door only to come face to face with Lindsay, Hannah and saffron, let's just say they weren't a big fan of me, vice Versa. "Hey nerd" saffron says, eyeing me up and down. My long black coat was closed, they liked to tease me for my clothes and I knew they'd have a field day with this dress. I don't say anything but I try to walk by only to be spun around "hey, where are you going so quickly? I know, home to mommy... oh wait, she left right?" They know how to push my buttons, I feel my eyes sting and the familiar lump in my throat returns. The girls grin gleefully "crybaby!" They jeer, I drop my books and run out, I run straight by the office and out into the school yard, I hide behind the bike shed before I let myself break down. I wipe the tears from my eyes when I hear a crunch of gravel next to me, I turn and see a boy with long hair tied into a neat bun, his body language screamed shy, though in such a case scream seems out of place, his body language whispered shy.
"You dropped these" he said, handing me a pile of books with my familiar neat handwriting on them, I take them and sniffle. "Thanks" I mumble, I don't look at him as I wipe my eyes free of tears. "are you okay?" He asks, i shrug, not saying a word incase my cracked voice betrays me. "I understand-" he starts but I cut him off in a calm voice. "You don't understand, you don't even know me so you can't possibly understand what I'm going through" I noticed his eyes widen slightly before he sighed and sat beside me on the ground. "I know life's a struggle, you're facing some things and the bullies aren't helping... I understand more than you think..." I shake my head, I knew he was right, I just felt so alone. "My mom left... my dads went off the rails..." I say, I feel a warm hand on mine, I look down to see the boys hand. I look back up, he smiles at me "I'm Jason..." he says, I don't move my hand and neither does he so that's the way we stay as we talk. "I'm Y/N..."
Rather than going in for our last 2 periods we sit there talking, he tells me about his parents and his dog, I tell him about my writing and my interests. "You're the only person who understands..." he says, I smile at him, our hands still touching but by now they had intertwined. "Likewise"
Now, I can't exactly who leaned in first but before I knew it his soft lips were against mines, our noses slightly brushed together as our lips moved in synch. We both pull back with mirrored shock expressions, his lips were pinker and his face was flushed. I look down and blush "um sorry" I could hear the school bell in the distance, saying that it was time to go home. Jason's hand left mines and he stood "my mom'll be here, I have to go" he turned and ran away, I let out a sigh as I stand up and grab my things. I cut across the field and sneak outside a hole in the fence, as I walk home my head remains ducked down, I shake away all thoughts of the kiss from my head and focus on the problems I have at the moment. I walk into my house and grimace when the strong scent of booze hits me, I speed right into my room and push a chair against the door to barricade myself in.
You might wonder what happened after that
Well for a few weeks things between Jason and I were weird but our friendship rekindled when he saw me behind the bike sheds again.
None of us mentioned the kiss again and I'm pretty sure it's because none of us felt anything .
This all made sense a few years later however when he told me he was gay, things made even more sense when I realised I was lesbian.
We eventually left school and moved into an apartment together, I begun to work as a barmaid as well as attend college a couple of days per week, Jason got a casual job at MAC.
I could tell something was up with him though and one day he say me down and told me he was genderfluid and would go by they now, they also said they had come to realise they really wanted to take on drag and they had kept their other lifestyle a secret.
I used to love dressing them up and going to the club with them
It's weird to think now they're one of americas drag superstars, they never forgot about me, they always came back and for that I'm thankful.
They have their life and I have mines, I have a wife and a beautiful baby boy names Tyler Jason *L/N*
I'll never forget the day violet changed my life, I never want to