Happy NEVER after?// trixya

(THE QUEENS WILL BE REFERRED TO AS TRIXIE OR KATYA BC ITS EASIER THAN DEFINING WHICH BRIAN IS WHICH, THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME THEYLL BE OUT OF DRAG THOUGH))

Trixie sighed and leaned his head against the steering wheel, his heart was beating and he felt like he couldn't breath. This isn't how he wanted to spend his Friday, he should have been at home with Katya, not meeting him at the lawyers to sign divorce papers. he didn't even know how this happened, they were so happy at the start, the wedding had been a day to remember but all that seemed like a wistful fog of a memory to Trixie, it was a mutual decision but it still hurt them both. he didn't know when things begun to change, did they fall out of love? Did they even have it in the first place? he would wonder but he'd always remind himself, what they had was love and beyond, he'd never felt so strongly for one person before, that's how he knew Katya was special.
Katya sat at the empty bus stop, the eerie silence leaving him with his thoughts. he too wondered, how did it happen? Maybe if he wouldn't reference contact all the time or maybe if he stopped being so childish all the time, did he embarrass Trixie? he never really was good enough for Trixie in his opinion but it made him so happy to know that he'd chosen him anyway, Trixie was like a goddess of pure light whilst Katya was a puny cockroach only able to look up at her magnitude of amazingness. Katya let's out a sigh as he glanced at the time on his phone, it was obvious his bus wouldn't be coming, he composed a quick message to Trixie
'Hi
I might be late, my bus hasn't showed up'
Despite how short and dry it was he still grudges sending it, his finger lingered over the send button until he pushed down impulsively. As he slid his phone back into his bag he let out a little sigh, his hands absentmindedly grabbed the pack of cigarettes from his pocket, he had tried to stop for Trixie but what happened before Trixie woke up and after she went to bed wouldn't hurt her, he lit up a cigarette and inhaled from it deeply. His hands shivered lightly in the rather cool temperature, he pulled his jacket around him tighter in hopes to preserve some body heat. A short sigh escapes his mouth as his phone 'dings' he pulls the phone out to see he brief reply from Trixie
'Go to the store at the corner of your street. I'll pick you up' Katya stood with a sigh and didn't respond, there really wasn't any point, as he briskly walked to the store he finished his cig, despite them being apart he still didn't want to smoke around Trixie, he rolled his eyes at himself. By the time he got to the slightly run down, closed corner store he could already see trixies car, he remembered how happy trix was when he got it, that night he drove them to the beach, the night they got engaged. Katya shook away the bittersweet memories and walked over to the car, he opened the door and slid in "um... thanks for picking me up" he says, his voice slightly gruff, Trixie shrugs "don't worry about it" he mumbles, pulling away from the kerb and driving along. For the first ten minutes neither said a word, they didn't know what to say, Trixie finally broke the silence when he turned to Brian, emotion clearly evident in his glazed over eyes. "Just... what happened to us?" Katyas heart broke at the broken voice that came out of his soon to be ex husband. "I really don't know" he says, defeat evident in his tone, Trixie looked back at the road and tapped his fingers rhythmically against the steering wheel, his phone starts ringing, loudly as it was connected to the aux cord. He sighs and quickly answers as he's driving "Brian firkus" he answers, his phone still lay on the dashboard. "Hello mr firkus, bad news I'm afraid. I'll have to postpone yours and your husbands appointment by an hour, perhaps two" katya sighs and massages his temples with his fingers, this wouldn't go down well. Trixie hits the steering wheel, obviously frustrated "dammit frank" he sighs heavily and continues. "Fine." He reaches over and angrily hangs up, to be honest he was mostly intimidated, not by Katya or by their lawyer but at the time he'd have to spend with Katya. Trixie still had feelings for Katya, it was obvious so him but it wouldn't work, too much had happened. "You wanna drop me off and I'll just see you there?" Katya offers, not meeting Trixies eyes. Trixie just sighed "what's the point? I don't know about you but I wanna get lunch.... join me if you like but I'm not facing frank on an empty stomach, he's annoying enough without me being hungry" he says, immediately regretting inviting Katya for lunch, the once loving couple hardly knew how to act around each other anymore. "Um... sure... okay" Katya said, inwardly scolding himself, he shouldn't be so nervous around Trixie, for gods sakes he performed a glitter strip tease for him on his birthday, they had shared too much for it to be like this. "McDonald's good?" Trixie offered, Katya nodded as they turned a corner, they whole ride was silent as they entered the McDonald's drive through, as the pulled up to the service machine Trixie didn't have to think as he spouted the order, a salad for him and a big tasty burger meal for Katya. If he was being honest with himself Katya felt butterflies, he felt special but he knows there was no need to, why should he? Obviously Trixie would know his order, despite him knowing all this he still felt special, he still felt loved despite how silly it might be. Katya grabbed 10$ from his pocket and handed it to Trixie who just rolled his eyes and ignored Katyas money wielding outstretched arm, this just added to Katyas butterflies. He couldn't deny it, he still loved Trixie and yet his love couldn't salvage what they had, with a dejected sigh Katya put his money away and looked out of the window. He waited in silence as they got their food, it wasn't until they drove to the nearby park that he spoke "our park?" Katya asked with a smile, Trixie nodded, a small smile gracing his delicate face before it falls into a frown "um yeah..." Katya ignored the look in Trixies eye, they grabbed their food and went into the park, they went to a bench that sat right in front of the duck pond, although there was only a couple there. The pair begin to eat in silence, not knowing what to say so each just filling their mouth with food so they didn't have to fill the silence with words, when they had both eaten their last bite there was an uncomfortable air of silence, despite the sicky feeling in his stomach Katya spoke. "Why wasn't I enough?" He asked, pain clear in his voice, emotion leaked into his words. Trixie looked at Katya with wide eyes "what? You were always enough! Katya I fucking loved you, do you know how hard it was for me when you left?! I was broken" Katya looked at the gravel, he contemplated counting all of the teeny tiny rocks just to pass time and to avoid look at Trixie but thought better of it and looked up at the broken man before him. "And you think it didn't break me? I left because what we had was gone, we argued all the time over everything and anything could I was never good enough for you and that became very clear at the end, that's why I left. I couldn't stand to weigh you down in life because that's all I do, I weigh you down and I make stupid jokes and I act like a child!" As soon as Katya said that there was a silence between the two of them, not uncomfortable and not comfortable, just silence.
"That's why I loved you"
When Trixie said that Katya stared at him for a moment, he knew he could be way off base and he was probably gonna fuck this up even more but not one part of him cared. As he looked at Trixie he knew he had to take this opportunity

Katya looked at the man in front of him and slapped him with a loud 'smack!' Sound. Trixie looked stunned for a moment as a red handprint showed up on his pale face but then he burst into laughter. Katya smiled as his joyous laughter filled the empty silence of the park. By the time Trixie stopped laughing Katya was grinning like an idiot, he hadn't made him laugh like that In a long while. "I love you" Trixie said, it was merely a slip of the tongue, a habit, a phrase that hadn't been spoken in so long yet despite it being a slip of the tongue it felt so right to the both of them, if felt comfortable and it felt like home, a feeling they had both been missing.
Katyas hand found Trixies and their fingers interlocked "home?" Katya offered, Trixie nodded and bit his lip to try and contain the manic smile that threatened to appear on his soft features. As they walked to Trixies car, their arms swinging between them Trixie piped up "where have you been staying anyway?" He curiously asked, Katya turned to him "fame let me sleep on her couch..." Trixie smiled at his ex partner... his partner... "better tell her you wot be home tonight" he winked at Katya who grinned at him....
they'd be okay... together...

A/N- hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been working on a new story which will be published within 10/15 minutes , I've got a couple of chapters ready to post anyway so I hope yo enjoy it! Please please please give it a try because I feel it's quite an original idea, idk. I'd love some feedback on it and of coarse it's about the forever loved drag queens! Which one you may ask? Go find out ;)
Thanks guys!😘