09. A Normal Day

I sat on the couch in the commons room, my feet propped up onto the coffee table. Mouch sat beside me as we watched tv.

Joe sat beside me and I rested my head on his shoulder. He smiled and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"Wanna do anything after shift?" I asked quietly.

Joe hummed. "I have some stuff to do with Leon but after that, yeah."

I grabbed Joe's hand. "Sure. I can make dinner."

Joe scoffed. "Like that's going to end well."

I slapped Joe's thigh. "Shut up, Joe. I hate you!"

Joe leaned in. "That's not what you said last night."

"Keep the talk of the bedroom to a minimum please," Kasey said as he walked by. "We don't want all the dirty details."

I laughed. "Like you haven't had it before. Where's Dawson?"

"Out by the ambulance, I think," Sylvie answered. "Why?"

I got up. "I have something to tell her."

I walked out of the commons room and found Dawson by the ambulance. She gave me a teasing smile when she saw me.

"Hey, girl," Dawson said as she stopped what was she doing. "How was last night?"

I leaned against the ambulance. "It was great. We ate dinner and hung out. I really liked it."

"Anything else?" Dawson said. "I did tell Cruz to get condoms."

"I know," I said. "He said he got them before he picked me up. Don't tell anyone but he's got a big dick."

"Really?" Dawson asked. "How big?"

"He's gotta be like seven inches flaccid and two inches thick," I said. "He felt so good. Have you ever had a dick that big?"

Dawson shook her head, smiling. "I wish. You're lucky."

I smiled, kicking the ground softly. "He's really good. What about you and Kasey?"

Dawson shrugged. "It's the same old thing. Nothing new."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm sure. I'll keep you updated on it if you want."

"Of course!" Dawson said. "I want all the details. Let's go to the commons room. We don't want anyone missing us."

I laughed and we walked into the room with everyone else. Joe was still where I left him. I sat in his lap and rested a head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me, holding me close.

"Joe?"

Joe hummed.

"I love you."

Joe kissed my temple. "I love you too, Naomi."

"You guys are disgusting me with all that love crap," Mouch said.

I stuck out my tongue at him. "Just because I found my one doesn't mean you can look down on us."

Mouch scoffed and continued watching tv. I sat in Joe's lap until the alarm went off. I got to my feet and joined everyone on the truck.

I sat in the backseat, looking out the front window. I glanced at the side of Joe's face. He was such an attractive man. I loved him so much. He was my person.

We arrived at the scene and I filed out with the others. I put on my mask and ran into the building with Otis at my side.

"Naomi, check the room down there!" Otis yelled. "I'll check this one."

I nodded and went into the other room. I did a sweep and met Otis in the hallway. I nodded to him and we headed back downstairs.

After we all finished, we headed back to the station. I took a shower, closing my eyes as the warm water cascaded over my body. I inhaled deeply as I ran my hands through my hair. I washed up and dried off before changing into normal clothes.

At that time, my shift was over and I was heading home. I opened my locker to grab my stuff. Joe leaned against the locker, dressed in normal clothes too.

"Ready for tonight?" Joe asked.

I nodded, grabbing my backpack. "Yes, of course. I'll see you tonight."

"Leon's eating with us too," Joe said. "After that, he's going over to a friend's house. We'll be all alone. And you know what that means."

I smiled and kissed Joe's cheek. "No bedroom talk, remember? I'll see you tonight."

"I'll walk you out," Joe said.

We walked out of the firehouse, holding hands. Joe took me to my car and Joe pushed me against it, kissing me roughly. I moaned as Joe gripped my ass.

After a few moments, I laughed and pushed Joe away. "Not here. People can see. I'll see you later and we can finish this then, alright?"

Joe nodded, a small smirk on his face. "Of course, darling. Can't wait."

I kissed Joe one last time. "I have to go. Don't get too frisky while Leon's there. Can't scar the kid, now can we?"

Joe nodded, his smirk widening. "Of course not."

Joe squeezed my waist one last time before I got into my car. I drove off and headed home. Tonight was going to be fun.