Chapter 56

"We haven't been out in forever." Stasia said as she leaned back into her seat. "I know, our lives are completely different now, it's crazy." She smiled. "Yeah, Amara really consumes my whole day, I hardly have any me time anymore." I chuckled. "Remember how we used to go to different clubs and parties after work?" I sucked my teeth.

"I remember you dragging me to all those different clubs and parties after work." She laughed. "Same difference....now look at us, were both mommy's, with new lives." I smiled. "Yep, we came along way from the strip club." She shook her head. "I know, I hate even thinking about those days."

"Me too." The waiter sat our food infront of us and smiled. "Where's Amara?" I asked as I picked up my fork. "With my mom, she's always wanting to babysit her, so I guess that'sa good thing when I want to go out." I nodded. "Yeah, I know how Ev loves kids."

"Where's August?" I sighed. "Working as usual." She shook her head. "Did you contact a therapist?" I nodded. "Yeah, he has his first appointment next week, I pratically had to beg him to clear his schedule." She chuckled. "Well Im glad he agreed to go, he doesn't need to bottle all those feelings inside."

"Yeah, that's exactly what I said." Just then, Stasia's phone rang on the table. She glanced down at it and sighed. "It's Rich, hold on." She placed her fork down, and answered the phone. "Hello?" I looked down in my plate, eating my food.

"No, Amara's with my mom, do you need me for something?" She asked. "Yeah, I can pick them up for you, when do you need them?" There was a slight pause. "Alright, Im having lunch with Simone right now, so I'll pick them up right after." I smiled at how cute they were. "Yeah, love you too." She hung up the phone and sat it beside her.

"Sorry for that." I fanned her off. "Girl yo man was calling you, I get it." She smirked. "What did he need anyways?" "His assistant has the flu so he's having me do a fews things for him here and there." I nodded. "What was it this time?"

"To pick up some clothes for his performance at the end of the week." She said in a sigh. "...You don't sound to happy about doing it." She shook her head. "It's not that, I don't mind doing things for him, but it's just like, Im playing wifey and I want a ring."

I nodded slowly. "Rings aren't everything Stasi." She chuckled. "Yeah right, says the girl who has that huge ass rock on her finger." I chuckled. "I know, but really, if August didn't propose to me, I would be fine just being boyfriend and girlfriend, if your doing things that wife's do, then your a wife, just without the official title."

She sighed. "I guess your right, but it's just like we have a kid together, we live together, he claims he loves me, so what's the difference?" I nodded. "I get what your saying, but some men like to wait awhile before getting married, Im sure he'll ask you Stasia, just be patient."

She nodded. "I'll try, In the meantime, I'll just live vicariously through you and your marriage." I laughed. "You do that." I took a sip of my drink and leaned back in my seat. "So, how did the meeting with the wedding planner go?" I smiled. "It went really well, now we're working on the guest list."

"Sounds like fun, if you need any help, you know im a call away." I nodded. "I know, but I think I got everything under c-" "Simone you alright?" Stasia asked with a frown. "Fuck!" I yelled, grabbing my stomach. I scooted back from the table and seen the water dripping down my leg and onto the floor. "Oh my god, your in labor!!" Stasia yelled. She quickly got up from the table and grabbed both of our things.

"Come on, we have to get you to the hospital." She placed my arm around her neck and helped me up slowly. "Oh my god!" I screamed out, as another pain shot through me. "Calm down and breathe Simi, in and out, deep breaths." I followed her instructions as she lead me out to her car, dialing August in the process.