Chapter 53

SIMONE P.O.V.

As soon as we pulled into the driveway, we hopped out of the car immediately. The whole ride was pretty silent, besides the noise of the car cutting through the air, since August was speeding. We sped walked up to the front door to find it open already. "Kelsey! Ariana!" August yelled, stepping into the house.

"Coming!" Kelsey yelled back. We stood by the front door and seen Kelsey and Craig, coming around the corner, helping Ariana walk. I frowned a little, wondering why Craig was here. "What the hell happened?" August asked walking towards them. "I don't know, she just showed up at the front door in pain, looking for you."

He sighed. "Hurry, lets get her in the car." He pulled Ariana away from them and held her, helping her out the car. We all followed behind him, wondering what the hell had happened to her. As we walked down the pathway, Ariana moaned in pain over in over. I didn't know what was wrong, but I knew it had to be something serious.

"Open the door for me ma." August asked me. I nodded and opened the backseat door for him and stepped to the side. As soon as he tried to put her in the car, that's when she collapsed to the ground. Im guessing her body gave out from all the pain she was in. August picked her back up and layed her down in the backseat. "Come on, we need to get her to a hospital now." He said sternly. He shut the door and got into the driver seat.

"We'll meet you guys at the hospital." Kelsey said walking over to Craig's car. I quickly got into the passenger seat and buckled up, before August took off down the street, speeding once again.

********************

I held onto Augusts' arm as he sat the waiting room. We had been waiting for the Ariana to wake up and for the doctor to get her reports. "Do you think she's okay?" Kelsey whispered in my ear. I sighed. "I don't know, we'll see though."

"I wonder what happend to her." She whispered again. "Me too." I mumbled. "The family of Ariana Whitaker?" We all looked up to see the doctor standing before us. "That's us." August said standing up. "We just got her results back, and she's fully concious, you can see her now." August nodded and grabbed my hand. "We'll be back, you two wait here." I said to Craig and Kelsey.

We followed the doctor down the hallway to her room. Once we made it inside, he closed te door behind us. August took a seat next to Ariana's bed and I stood up. "You alright?" He asked looking down at the IV in her arm. She nodded. "Yeah....I feel alot better." He took a sigh of relief. "Good." He said as he turned to the doctor. "Can we hear the results?" The doctor nodded and looked down at his clipboard.

"We ran a few tests on her and her results were quite suprising." I frowned, waiting for him to continue. "Well for starters." He started. "We found traces of different drugs in her system." "We also found Mifepristone in her blood." August frowned. "What is that??" He asked confused. "It's the medical term for an abortion pill." I placed my hand over my mouth, in shock.

"When you try to have a medical abortion, you need two pills to do so." The doctor stated. "The first pill is Mifepristone, it blocks the hormone progesterone needed to maintain the pregnancy. Because this hormone is blocked, the uterine lining begins to shed, the cervix begins to soften and bleeding may occur." We all were silent.

"She didn't have to much of it in her system thank god, but it did sit in her awhile." August frowned. "Did it affect the baby?" The doctor sighed. "We gave her a IV to try and flush everything out of her, right now it's hard to tell, just because we didn't see any damage, doesn't mean in the next few days or weeks we won't." He sighed.

"Just be grateful she didn't take the second pill, then there would be nothing we could do." We all were silent. August turned to Ariana and frowned. "You tried giving yourself an abortion??" Ariana shook her head. "No, I didn't."