Chapter 14

I woke up the next morning and stretched. I decided on just staying here for the night since I basically moved the whole entire day. I slipped my tired body out of bed and made my way downstairs to the kitchen. I opened up the fridge to see it fully stocked. "Damn Aug." I mumbled. I placed my hand on my belly as I scanned the fridge, deciding on what to eat. "Okay, Okay, I know your hungry munchkin." I said rubbing my belly.

 I pulled out a cup of yogurt and a apple. I reached back inside and pulled out a carton of eggs. I turned around to the stove and turned it on. I carefully bent down to the lower cabinet and pulled out a frying pan. I sat in on the eye and made my way into the living room. I plopped down on the couch and turned on the TV. I was doing some channel surfing, when there was a strong knock at my first door. I sighed and got up from the couch. I knew it was either August or Ariana at the door, but I was hoping it was August.

 I opened up the door, not bothering to look out the peep hole. I smirked a little once I seen August standing there. "Goodmorning." He nodded. "Goodmoring ma, goodmorning lil man." I chuckled. "Lil man? And how do you know it's a boy??" He shrugged. "Ion know, I just got a feeling." I shook my head. "Whatever, you just want a boy." "I do...you know...if the baby's really mine.." I cleared my throat and sighed. "Anyways." I started. "What brings you over here this early?"

 August rubbed his chin and smiled. "I wanted to pass along the good news." I frowned and shifted my weight to one foot. "What good news?" His smile widened as he opened his mouth to speak. "I cleared my whole schedue for next week, I'll be free if you need me for anything, and we can be on time to the next appointment." I chuckled. "That's great..but you didn't have to clear your whole schedule for me, I can manage on my own." He shook his head.

 "Nah, I wanna prove to you and that I got this under control." I nodded. "I never said you didn't, your doing a good job so far." "So far?" He asked confused. "Yeah so far....Trey's been with me all this time and you just started." He sucked his teeth. "Are you mad or something??" August shook his head. "Nah, Im good.....just make sure you ready on time next week." I opened my mouth to speak, but he had already turned around to walk away. I didn't know why he got upset all of a sudden, I told him he was doing a good job and that's what I meant. He was doing great with me, I was actually suprised. I took a deep breath and closed the door gently. I slowly walked back into the kitchen and began to finish making my breakfast.

 **********************************************

 I locked the door behind as quickly as I could trying to make it out to my car. I had completely forgot that I was suppose to come into work today to check inventory. I turned around swiftly and power walked down the cobblestone path to the driveway.

 I grabbed my keys out of my purse and quickly shuffled through them for my car key. As soon as I put the key in the lock, I heard Ariana's voice behind me. "Oh, Hey Simone." I turned around and gave her a quick smile. "Im glad I ran into you, I was just about to stop by the guest house real quick." I sighed and turned around. "I wanted to ask you something." I nodded and motioned for her to continue. "Tommorow night, Im cooking dinner, and since your gunna be in and out of here for awhile, it wouldn't feel right if I didn't invite you over." I nodded.

 "Thanks but, Im fine,Im not even sure if I'll be staying over here tommorow night." I opened up my car door and sat down. "Come on, August told me you were feeling a type of way ever since Trey left and I just wanted to help." I frowned a little to myself thinking as to why August would tell her that. "I don't know Ariana, maybe, look Im in a hurry here, so I gotta go." I grabbed the car door handle, about to close the door, when her voice stopped me. "August and I both really want you to come over, so can you please??" I looked up at her annoying smiling face and sighed. "Okay...yeah...I'll be there."

 She smirked. "Great, dinner's at 8:30, so don't be late." She winked at me before walking back up the cobblestone path towards Augusts' door. I rolled my eyes before closing my door and backing out the driveway and onto the street. I wasn't even planning to stay at the guest house tommorow night, but now it looks like I am. Maybe it was my hormones making me extremely annoyed with Ariana, but shit I doubt it.

AUGUST P.O.V.

I leaned back on the couch, kicking my feet up on the coffee table as I went in on the sub I was eating. Once I heard the front door open, I turned my attention to the front door, knowing that Ariana was finally back. "Babeeeee." She said in a cheery voice. "Living room ma." I took another bite out of my sandwhich and looked back up to see Ariana standing infront of me. "Guess what?" She said pushing my food to the side and sitting on my lap.

 "Wassup?" I asked wiping mouth. "We're having a special guest come over for dinner tommorow." I raised both of my brows and nodded. "Word? Is it yo mama?" She chuckled. "No, okay maybe not that special, but she's a close friend to you." I leaned back on the couch and placed my hand on Ariana's ass. "Ion got too many female friends, so ion know." I grabbed my sandwhich with my free hand and took another bite. "I invited Simone over, duh."

 I dropped my sandwich back on the plate and clutched my chest from the uncontrollable coughing I was doing. "Baby you okay???" She asked hitting my back. I nodded. "Yeah...I thought you said you invited Simone over tommorow." She nodded. "I did." I looked up at her quickly. "What? Why??" Ariana frowned. "I thought that you would be happy that I invited her.." I sighed. "You was just questioning me about the girl last night and now you invite her over for dinner?" She nodded. "Yeah, I wanted to show you that I was sorry for how I acted and Im 100% okay with Simone staying over here sometimes." I sat there silent.

 "Is that okay??" I sighed and nodded. "...Yeah...yeah it's cool." She kissed me on the cheek and stood up from my lap. "Good." She turned on her heels and walked off. "Lord, be with me tommorow night." I whispered.

SIMONE P.O.V.

I hoped out my car and quickly shuffled through my key ring for the key to the shop. I walked up to the front door to see Kerri and Ellis standing there, obviously hot as hell. "It's about damn time!" Ellis said loudly, as he help up a magazine to block the sun. "Im sorry y'all, I completely forgot about today, I have pregnancy brain." I slid my key in the door and and unlocked it. "It's okay girl we understand." Kerri said eyeing Ellis. I smiled at opened the door for them both.

 "No the hell I don't understand." Ellis said walking inside. "It's hot as hell outside and Im black enough." I rolled my eyes and ignored him. "Nobody told you to be so black." Kerri mumbled. "And nobody told you to be so dry, did they sahara??" I sighed and shook my head. "Can y'all stop? We have alot to do today and Im not in the mood for y'all pointless bickering." Ellis sucked his teeth. "I'll stop once you get this cactus some water." He walked off towards the back of the shop. I chuckled and followed suit.

 *************************************

 "So how is it living back at the guest house?" Kerri asked me as she counted her stack of jeans. "I don't really know, I mean, it's fine for right now I guess." Ellis smirked. "Mhmm, fuck all that, how is it seeing that she devil Ariana every day??" I chuckled. "It's only been a day for one, but she is kinda starting to annoy me, but Im starting to get annoyed easily anyways."

 "Nah, don't blame it on the baby, that bitch is irritating." I chuckled again. "It's just something about her that's off to me, I don't even care no more that she used to hate me." "Hell, she probably still does." Kerri nodded. "I agree, she's probably only pretending to be nice to you because she's with your ex." I sighed. "I don't know what it is, but Im over it. Did I tell you sh invitied me to dinner tommorow night?"

 "Bish whet?" Ellis said looking up from his stack of shirts. "I know she DID NOT invite you over like you the guest, hell you was living in that damn house before she knew August." I nodded. "That's true, but then again, she's his girl now, and I guess that's making her feel some type of way. Kerri shook her head. "You shoulda made her feel some type of way and hit her ass aross the head for asking you some dumb shit like that." Ellis said, going back to counting. I chuckled as I opened up a new box of clothes. "We'll just see how everything plays out tommorow."

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Vote/Comment!!