Chapter 37

"Thank you for shopping at Serentiy boutique, have a great day." I smiled as I handed a customer a reciet. "Girl, what time is my lunch break?" Ellis asked sittin up on the counter. I siged. "You just got here 20 minutes ago, calm down." He sighed and laid down on the counter.

 "Can you get up and do something? I don't pay you to lay up on counters." He sucked his teeth. "Ain't nothing to do." I looked around at the packed store and shook my head. "It's a billiion people in here, go hel somebody, or go clean up the dressing rooms." He smacked his lips as he slid off te counter. "Fine."

 I took a deep breath as I opened up the registar and started to count the money. "Wow, Ellis is actually working?" Kerri asked, stepping behind the counter. I chuckled. "Yeah, I made him." She nodded. ".....So....how are you?" I looked up from the money I was counting and lifted a brow. "Im fine, you don't have to ask me how Im doing every 5 seconds, Im fine, really." She nodded slowly. "And have you talked to August?" I sighed. "No, I haven't, and I told you I wasn't." She nodded again. "You sure?" "Im positive." I looked back down at the money in my hand and continued to count it.

 "....So if he walked up in here right now, would you tallk to him?" I frowned. "No, why you asking so many questions about August??" She smirked and motioned to the door. "Because he just walked in here." I quicky looked up from the money I was counting and sighed. "Finish counting this." I handed Kerri the money and quickly stepped from behind the counter. I walked up to August, meeting him in the middle of the store.

 "Hey." I sighed. "Hi." He looked around the store and nodded slowly. "You got alot of customers today huh??" I nodded. "Yeah, Im having a sale." He smirked. "Oh ight, I see you." I folded my arms across my chest and took a deep breath. "Why are you here??" "I can't come by and see you?" I rolled my eyes, waiting for him to give me a real answer.

 "Ight look." He started. "I know that you've been havina hard time foriving me, and ion blame you, I did alot of fucked up shit, so I know that just saying Im sorry isn't going to do anything." I frowned. "What do you mean by that." He smirked. "Wait here." He walked over to the front door and motioned for somebody to come inside. I shifted my weight to my right foot, wondering what was going on.

Twelve men walked inside the boutique, each holding a bouquet of roses. I furrowed my brows, wondering what this was about. "Come here." He motioned for me to stand beside him, infront of the men that were lined up. "What is all this? Why did you bring all these flowers here?" He turned to me and smiled, ignoring my questions. He pointed to the first guy and took a deep breath.

"These first set of roses represent the years I known you, until you left." He started. "I met you at 4 and you left at 16, representing our twelve years on frienship." I nodded slowly. He pointed to the guy and smirked. "The second set of roses represent our senior year of high school....when I first realied I had a thang for you." I cracked a small smile and shook my head.

He pointed to the next five guys and paused. "The next 5 dozen roses represent the years that we lost contact after you left." He pointed to the next guy and rubbed his chin. ".....The next set represent the first three months you carried our first child." I cleared my throat, trying not to get emotional. "And the nine other roses represent the nine months you'll carry this baby."

"And last but not least." He started. "The last dozen roses represent the twelev hours I spent putting all of this together." He turned back to me and smiled. The men sat all the flowers on a table and filed out of the shop. I took a deep breath, unsure of what to say. "So, do you accept my apology?" I was silent. "Damn, you ain't like it?" He motioned to the flowers on the table.

 "No, no it was really sweet." I said causing him to smile more. "But was it enough for you to forgive me??" I was silent again. He sighed. "I wish you would just forgive me, it ain't tha hard, come on ma." I sighed. "Fine, whatever, I forgive you." He lifted a brow and stared at me. "Are you sayin that because you mean it, or you want me to shutup." I sighed. "The second one."

He sucked his teeth and nodded slwoly. "Ight, then I'll just try again." "You don't have to keep doin-" "I am." He said cutting me off. "Ima keep trying until you forgive me ma, I want out friendship back." I looked down at the ground, silent.

"So what are you doing Friday night?" I shrugged. "Nothing." He nodded. "Good, be ready by nine." I siged. "Where are you taking me?" He turned around and walked out the shop, ingoring my question.

I sighed and turned on my heels. Half of my customers were still standing in awe, Im guessing because August was in here. I shook my head and walked back to the counter. I frowned, once I seen a smiling Kerri and Ellis. "What?" I asked confused. "That was so cute." Kerri said squealing. "Mhmm my boo ain't never did nothin like that for me." Ellis said leaning up on the counter.

"Did you forgive him?" I sighed. "No, just because he brought me flowers doesn't mean Im going to accept his apology that easy." Ellis sucked his teeth. "You actin like he brought you ONE flower, he brought yo ass 144 of them...ungrateful ass." Kerri chuckled. "Whatever, if he wants my forgiveness he's gunna work for it, he's disrespected me for the last time."

 ************************************

I leaned back on the couch, stuffing my face with popcorn, as Trey sat beside me, on his phone. "Who you texting?" I asked keeping my eyes on the TV. "You don't know her." He said with a smirk. I lifted a brow and looked over at him. "Ahhhh so it's a female." He chuckled. "Yes, it's a female." I sat my bowl of popcorn down at smiled. "Whats her name????" I asked Trey, poking him in his side.

"Asia." He said with a smile. "Ohhhh and where did you meet Asia?" He laughed. "Can you stop? And I known her for awhile, she's my ex from back home." I nodded slowly. "And you just started talking to her again?" He nodded as he sat his phone down on the table. "Yeah, when I went back home, we kind of ran into each other, and we've been talking ever since."

I slapped his arm and frowned. "Ow, damn, what the hell?" He asked gripping his arm. "You never told me about her, when were you gunna tell me??" He chuckled. "I was but everytime we talked, it was either about the baby or August." I bit down on my bottom lip, knowing he was right.

".....So are you intrested in her?" He smirked. "I am." "And is she intrested in you?" "I think so." I chuckled. "She's moving here in the next month, so hopefully you'll get to meet her." My eyes widened. "Really? That's good Trey." His phone vibrated on the table, ending our conversation. I smiled to myself watching him text her back. Trey deserved a good woman in his life, and if this Asia girl made him happy, then I was happy for him.

ARIANA P.O.V.

I stepped out the shower and quickly ran to my phone. I smirked once I seen Jahkeem calling. I answered, putting the phone to my ear in the process.

ME: "Hello?"

JAHKEEM: "What's the emergency?"

I frowned at how quickly he wanted to cut to the chase.

 ME: "I was calling to tell you that August and I broke up."

 JAHKEEM: "And that's your emergency? Why the fuck do I care? Your fuckin with my money right now, so you better have more to tell me than that dumb shit."

 I sighed.

 ME: "I changed my mind."

 JAHKEEM: "Whatchu talkin about??"

 ME: "About Simone and the baby, Im in again."

 JAHKEEM: "Really? And what brought this on?"

 ME: "Does it matter?"

 He chuckled.

 JAHKEEM: "Ight look, Im not in the state right now, I'll be back soon."

 I frowned.

 ME: "Yeah I heard....where'd you go? And why didn't you tell me you were leaving?"

 JAHKEEM: "I'll hit you up when Im back."

 He hung the phone up, leaving me alone in my thoughts.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Did y'all like what August did for Simone? Was it enough??

Trey and Asia??

Read my prologue for my new book SERVICE, im starting it soon.

Vote/Comment!!