Chapter 41

"Have a safe trip." I hugged Trey tightly and kissed his cheek. "I'll call you when I land." I nodded. "Send everyone my condolences." He walked over to my front door and shot me a small smile before leaving. Even though I wanted to drive with him to the airport, he decided on stoping by my place before leaving. I took a deep breath and closed my front door. Just then, my phone rang on the coffee table. I locked the door and sped over to the couch. I smirked a little once I seen August calling. I quickly answered the phone and placed it to my ear.

ME: "Hello?"

AUGUST: "Wassup jit?"

 I chuckled.

ME: "Good afternoon to you too."

AUGUST: "My bad, good afternoon ma, what you doin?"

ME: "I just got done talking to Trey, he's leaving again."

AUGUST: "Forreal?"

ME: "Yeah, he's mom passed, so he's going to the funeral."

AUGUST: "Damn."

ME: "Yeah."

AUGUST: "So what, you all by yourself now huh??"

I sighed.

ME: "Kind of."

AUGUST: "That's more reason to come with me today."

I chuckled.

ME: "I just can't up and leave August, I told you no thanks."

AUGUST: "Come on ma, you ain't doin anything else, you gon make me beg huh?"

I laughed.

ME: "No, there's no need to beg, Im not going."

He sucked his teeth.

AUGUST: "Pleaseee."

He sang to me.

ME: "Really."

AUGUST: "I'll stop if you come with me."

I sighed.

ME: "Trey didn't want me flying, I don't think I should go on a plane."

AUGUST: "Alright, I'll get a doctor to fly with us."

I laughed.

ME: "Really? Can you even do that?"

AUGUST: "I'll handle it, just say you'll come with me."

I was silent.

ME: "......Fine, I'll start packing."

AUGUST: "That's more like it ma, Ima pick you up in two hours."

ME: "Uh huh."

I hung up the phone and took a deep breath. Something about this trip made me feel uneasy. Ever trip we ever took has went completely left, so Im hoping now that me and him were drama free, the trip could be the same way.

2 HOURS LATER

I sat in Augusts' car as he placed my last bag in his trunk. He got back in the car and smiled at me. "You ready to go?" I nodded. "Are you sure your gunna drive yourself to the airport? I mean don't you need security or something?" He chuckled. "Who said were taking a regular plane?" I frowned. "What?"

"You need a doctor on the plane, so I got one...on a private plane." My eyes widened. "What?? You didn't have to do all that." He smiled. "Chill, its fine." I shook my head. "No, your spending way to much money on this trip, that was originally for you." He placed his hand on my thigh and rubbed it. "Calm down preggo." I chuckled and pushed his hand away. "Whatever."