Chapter 17

I wiped down the kitchen counter as I bopped my head to the music that was playing. Being pregnant made me more of a homebody, and I was kind of enjoying it. Although I technically wasn't home, the guest house was my second home. I grabbed the broom and started to sweep, as I rapped along with Lil Wayne. All of a sudden, there was a slight knock at the front door. I sat the broom door and dusted my hands off on my sweat pants. I made my way over to the door and looked out the peephole to see August standing there.

I quickly fixed my messy ponytail and unlocked the door. "Morning." I said with a slight small. "Morning ma, what you up too?" I chuckled. "Doing some cleaning, nothing major." He frowned. "Cleaning? I could have got somebody to clean the place for you, ion want you over working yourself." "Im not overworking myself, Im too lazy anyways." He smirked. "Well, did you need something?" I asked leaning up agaisnt the door.

"Come over real quick, I wanna show you something." I frowned. "What?" "Just come with me." He said in a chuckle. I looked him up and down, not moving. "I've got food." My frown immediately turned into a smile. "Alright, fine, but only for a few minutes, I gotta finish cleaning." I stepped outside and closed the door behind me. I followed August down the cobblestone path, to his front door. I stepped inside and looked around. "Where's Ariana??"

"At work." I nodded slowly. I followed him into the kitchen and smiled once I seen a Denny's plastic bag sitting on the table. I quickly walked over to the bag and grabbed the styrofoam container out of it. "You get to damn happy when you see food." He said with a smile. I shrugged and opened up a the container of food, grabbing the plastic fork out of the bag. "Whatever, what did you need to show me??" I said stuffing my face with eggs.

He shook his head and turned around. "It's in the studio." I sighed and followed him into the studio, and took my usual seat on the couch. I sat my food down beside me, and waited for him to speak. "Ight so, you know how I've been having writer's block for awhile now?" I nodded. "So, I was up all night writing this song and I wanna know if you like it." I smirked and frowned a little. "Me? You couldn't have waited until Ariana came back over??" He chuckled. "Not exactly." I sat back in my seat silent.

"I would play it for Ariana, but ion need her getting mad and shit." I chuckled. "Why would she be mad??" He cleared his throat and rubbed his chin. "The song's about you." Both of my brows shot up. "What???" "Look ma, before you start jumping to conclusions, it ain't even like that ight? Since we got this new frienship going on, I decided this would be the perfect oppurtunity to write something." I nodded slowly."Alright well, I can't be mad at that." "Ight, so you gon listen to it?" I nodded. "Of course, what is it called?" He smiled. "You Deserve." I folded my arms across my chest preparing myself for this moment. Once the music cut on, I sat back in my seat, and listened to the lyrics.

*********************************************

I sat up in my seat and smirked once the song was over. "That was....interesting." He laughed. "Damn, that's all you gon say?" I chuckled. "I mean, I liked it....but where did all that come from??" He sighed. "Yesterday, after that doctor's visit, I was thinking about alot of shit." I sat there silent, waiting for him to continue. "It really just hit me that I could possibly be the father of this baby, this female baby." I chuckled. "Okay, and?"

"And." He started. "If I am the father, I wouldn't want any man doing what I did to you, to her." I cleared my throat. "I realized all my fuck ups with you, and this is my way of telling you that you deserve everything I couldn't give you.....and if it's not me, ion want you to be with no nigga that's gon give you less than what you deserve." I nodded slowly.